The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for our old 1972 ford gran torino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for our old 1972 ford gran torino
    Posted: 04-February-2018 at 2:35PM
HI I'm new to this site but in 2006-2007ish my dad sold his 1972 ford gran torino sport, 2b red, white interior, sport gauges, console, buckets, 351 Cleveland black vinyl top, magnum 500s, and I wanted to know if maybe anyone has seen this car or is the current owner. My names luke Stitt if anyone can help please let me know. Thank you it looks exactly like this

Edited by FordTorinoSport - 04-February-2018 at 3:02PM
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 5:57PM
welcome! the pic didn't post you need to look up on here "how to post a pic" and follow the steps  i even did a rough how to video to help explain it Wink
good luck with your search  for the car Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
FordTorinoSport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 6:08PM
Well thank you very much for the luck I'm just confused on how to do this. Do you guys have a facebook page instead?

Edited by FordTorinoSport - 04-February-2018 at 6:08PM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 6:12PM
http://masbukti.com/ford/ford-torino/1972-ford-torino-gt this is the link I was trying to put in with a more exact picture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 6:12PM
Go to the 13 picture down not counting the top one
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 6:26PM
1972 Ford Torino Gt

this pic?

Edited by californiajohnny - 04-February-2018 at 6:32PM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 10:24PM
If that's it,it sure looks like the car I tried buying for 25g 2 years ago. I think it was in Chicago. I have a pic on my old phone.
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
Frikken View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frikken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 10:39PM
Hi,

haven't introduced myself yet, sorry. I'm Frank from Germany and owning that particular car on that picture above.
It's obviously not the one from Chicago, it came in from Houston and was originally sold in Chattanooga.
I have full history on that vehicle and I can rule out it's the one they are searching for.

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 12:16AM
Welcome!!

You cannot post photos as a brand new member.  I have upgraded you to full member status.  To post photos follow the instructions here:

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/how-to-post-a-picture-updated_topic16433&FID=12&PR=3.html

Please note there are now no more size restrictions for uploads.  Just upload the photo and the forum automatically resizes the photos. 
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 12:17AM
Originally posted by 72GTS351CJ 72GTS351CJ wrote:

If that's it,it sure looks like the car I tried buying for 25g 2 years ago. I think it was in Chicago. I have a pic on my old phone.

I think I remember the one you are talking about.  I have some pictures of it saved.  IIRC, it had that odd chrome rocker trim which I have never seen on a GTS before.  It looked like a near perfect car though.
Vince

GTS.org Admin
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 12:18AM
Originally posted by Frikken Frikken wrote:

Hi,

haven't introduced myself yet, sorry. I'm Frank from Germany and owning that particular car on that picture above.
It's obviously not the one from Chicago, it came in from Houston and was originally sold in Chattanooga.
I have full history on that vehicle and I can rule out it's the one they are searching for.

Welcome!  Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Mat section.  We'd all love to hear the story about your car.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 05-February-2018 at 12:19AM
Vince

GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 2:17AM
Here is a pic of the car. It was for sale Sept. Of 2016 for 25g. A local guy bought it before I could wire him the money. From what I remember it was all original with like 60k/miles. (I think). If that's it I could see if I could dig up more info. -Rick-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 2:23AM
Actually that's probably not it. That looks like black interior
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 9:37AM
Good luck and I hope you can find it. In 2017 I found my parent's Gran Torino sold in 2008 here, in Chile.
The owls are not what they seem
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 1:07PM
Originally posted by 72GTS351CJ 72GTS351CJ wrote:

Here is a pic of the car. It was for sale Sept. Of 2016 for 25g. A local guy bought it before I could wire him the money. From what I remember it was all original with like 60k/miles. (I think). If that's it I could see if I could dig up more info. -Rick-

Yup, that was the one I was thinking of.  Note the chrome rocker panel trim.  I have never seen that before, and despite this guys claim, I don't think it's original to the car.  I actually saved the listing on this car, here's what it said;

1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport Fastback. All Original, 2 Owner, Numbers Matching, Unrestored Survivor Car. This Torino was a Colorado car all of its life up until 1995 when it came to Michigan. Car has been stored every winter has never seen snow and barely ever seen rain. 43,341 Original Actual Miles. 351 CID 4V 8 Cylinder Cobra Jet with C6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic automatic transmission. Original Bright Red (2B) in color with laser stripes. Body is in near perfect condition, original paint no rust and has never had any type of body work preformed. All chrome is in excellent condition and so is all of the factory glass. 100% original and mint condition black interior, console shift, high back bucket seating. Sport package with all the features that were available in the sport group also has factory power steering and power front disc brakes, factory no A/C car. Also ordered with the Rallye Performance Group that included the Magnum 500 Chrome Wheels that are also in excellent condition. Factory Ziebart undercoated car and the underneath is perfect with no signs of rust. Included in the sale will be the original window sticker, owners manual, build sheet, spare tire and jack assembly, factory starting instructions still wrapped on visor and other original goodies. You will be hard pressed to find a nicer Torino or classic muscle car for that matter. This car is probably the nicest and most original Torino for sale in the world, this is the true definition of a survivor car. Everything works in the car jump in and drive with no problems. Asking $25,000 Cash, No Trades. Please don't waste my time the first person to see this car will purchase it. Call anytime
Vince

GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 1:19PM
Damn I wanted that car!!! As you that color is killer...For the best I think my wife would have killed me. But they would have looked great together
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 5:17PM
America doesn't exactly narrow it down,

have you checked for trace evidence in the gravel at Joe's ?
72 GT Ute

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2018 at 2:56AM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

LOLLOLLOLClap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2018 at 7:34AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

LOLLOLLOLClap

Does luminol work on transmission fluid?
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2018 at 12:10PM
depends on if the writers are on strike & what they've been smoking?

but really, Chicago came up in the conversation, did the car sell from out of the Chicago area in 2006/ 2007ish? some members have been around a while and remember cars for sale and where they were pretty good

72 GT Ute

Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2018 at 1:01PM

That's just mean...
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2018 at 4:48PM
Originally posted by stanman stanman wrote:

Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

LOLLOLLOLClap

Does luminol work on transmission fluid?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 7:13AM
Yes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 7:14AM
Ok thank you very much! Didn't know also do you guys have a Facebook page?
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 12:57PM
Now that is funny!!!! Oddly, I did cut up a few 2B red GTS cars with white interiors and black tops. Hopefully it was not one of them.

The post on the red GTS that sold in Chattanooga and went to Houston sounds strangely familiar. My 2B red '72 GTS (with a white bucket seat interior) went from Chattanooga to Conroe Texas (right outside Houston). It was a lucky one that escaped the trailer, lol.

Edited by unlovedford - 19-March-2018 at 12:58PM
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 1:05PM
Frikken, the car you have that came from Chattanooga and went to Houston, you say you have the complete history on it. Would you happen to know if there was a previous owner with the last name Collier, Collyer, or a similar spelling?
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 1:11PM
I hope you didn't cut it up. I still have hope of finding it. My father loved that car and he wouldn't have sold it if he didn't have to...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 4:37PM
The 2B Red ones I parted out were a 351 CJ/C6 Sportroof, another 351 CJ/C6 Sportroof, a 351 CJ/C6 Formal, a 400/C6 Sportroof and a Sportroof that I cannot recall what drivetrain it had. All had white interiors at some point except the 400 car.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FordTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2018 at 5:36AM
Well he only had one cj car but the one I'm looking for wasn't one
 Post Reply Post Reply