The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clutch Linkage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmarc28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clutch Linkage
    Posted: 19-March-2018 at 1:46PM
Newbie to posting. 

I am working on converting my 74 ranchero from automatic to manual. done all the hard physical stuff. today i thought was going to be the fun stuff however, no dice. 

few different problems;
#1. using a lakewood safety bellhousing and block plate. i placed the block place on the block and went to attach the 11in 164 tooth flywheel. the flywheel is hitting the "tacked in place nutts" for the started, so needless to say i could not attach anything today.

#2.  supposedly there is a bracket that holds the Z-bar from the frame and the engine. i have the frame side bracket and a ball stud that i can bult into the engine block. but this then puts the Z-bar at an awkward angle. ive emailed RAMAIR351, he let me know that i needed the bracket that bolts up to the bellhousing.  so if anyone knows what im talking about and looking for please let me know. 

if anyone has any ideas or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks for your time. 

-Dmarc

not sure how to post pics. but i do have pics of what i am talking about. let me know if you need/want to see them and ill email. 
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2018 at 5:59AM
I can post them if need be, but posting up images is pretty easy here for the most part. Feel free to email at eliteman76 at gmail.

On the factory linkage, there is the pivot that goes on the frame.
It's honestly not an easy place to get pics unless the front clip or at least the driver's side fender is off the car.

Here is the block/ bellhouse mounted pivot {minus the plastic pivot bushing and felt washer}

This is about the best image I have here of the Z bar install to show where on the frame the linkage bolts to the frame. Your frame would have the holes but most likely not the captive nuts crimped into the holes on the frame.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2018 at 6:01AM
Service literature:

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
 Post Reply Post Reply