The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1972 -73 SPORT GAUGE CLUSTER CIRCUIT BOARD REMAKE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 -73 SPORT GAUGE CLUSTER CIRCUIT BOARD REMAKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2018 at 8:14AM
sorry to hear that andy, hope things get better
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2018 at 9:10AM
Sending prayers your way Andy,,,,God Bless!
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 1:13AM
hey ,THANKS GUYS ,Means alot . 
GET IT GOT IT GONE !!!!!!!
7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 4:08AM
Good luck and prayers are with you my friend.
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage
79 Thunderbird Town Landau
02 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 5:49AM
Sorry to hear that Andy , hope things get better soon .
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
Timustbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timustbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 11:52AM
On a somewhat related subject.  If some of the dash lights are burnt out would that effect anything else?  I mean, if a bulb isn't working could it/would it potentially result in an incomplete circuit thereby preventing other lights or components, i.e., temp, oil pressure, or amper gauge, from working?  I'm probably going to go with the LED upgrades, if you think they'll work, with the circuit board.  
Tim Northcutt
'72 Ford Gran Torino Sport (Pearl White)
'07 Jack Roush SC F-150 (red)
'02 HD Road King Classic (Luxury Blue and Diamond Ice)
NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 8:54PM
Originally posted by Timustbe Timustbe wrote:

On a somewhat related subject.  If some of the dash lights are burnt out would that effect anything else?  I mean, if a bulb isn't working could it/would it potentially result in an incomplete circuit thereby preventing other lights or components, i.e., temp, oil pressure, or amper gauge, from working?  I'm probably going to go with the LED upgrades, if you think they'll work, with the circuit board.  

The impedance of the globe elements will not effect the operation of any of the other elements on the circuit.

Or in other words if one or more bulbs were blown(open circuit) or one of more bulbs were replaced with LEDs(below standard current draw) the operation of the gauges and other warning lamps will not be affected.

However, the bit I cannot see by looking at the circuit is where the power for the instrument illumination comes from. If it is like the Australian Fords of the same period there will be a facility to dim the lighting and that dimmer is a rheostat.  Replacement LEDs typically draw much less current than the original incandescent bulb so what you may find is that the dimmer does not work like it did because the load is significantly less than what the dimmer is designed for.

Did the Torino come with a dimmer for the instrument illumination?

Edited by NeillNZ - 07-May-2018 at 8:55PM
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 9:50PM
Yes instrument lamp rheo is built into the headlamp switch,

makes sense that the dimmer may not be calibrated to load with LED's

maybe a ballast?
72 GT Ute

NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 1:23AM
Progress. May not look like much but over half way done:

NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2018 at 12:48PM
Artwork is complete. Will be ordering on Monday:

72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2018 at 1:09PM
Awesome Job!!! Thank you
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2018 at 2:38PM
Looks awesome!
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2018 at 5:53AM
nice job Neill 
Timustbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timustbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2018 at 12:18PM
I'm getting excited about this.  I'm really looking forward to reanimating my instrument cluster with this.
Tim Northcutt
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2018 at 1:10AM
ALL SPORT CIRCUIT ARE SPOKEN FOR 25 OF THEM ,Neill WILL MOSTLIKLY DO ANOTHER RUN DOWN THE ROAD ,I WILL CONTACT THOSE WHO HAD CONTACTED ME OR NEILL ONCE THEY ARE AT MY HOUSE IN FLORIDA , I EXPECT TO HAVE THEM BY END OF THIS MONTH /ANDY -352-237-7495 LAND LINE ##
jbach72gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach72gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2018 at 3:10AM
Please put me down for one from the next run.

Thank you.

Jon
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2018 at 6:54AM
Jon . 
I have you down , if some one dosnt claim one ,i will let you know ,thanks Andy 352-237-7495 land line
 @andrewok94@gmail.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach72gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2018 at 7:32AM
Thank you

I saw the ad on craigslist.

Seeing it here too gave it cred

Jon
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2018 at 9:12AM
JON. 
 I can understand craigslist doubt , thanks 
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2018 at 9:08AM
GOOD NEWS TORINO PEOPLE, 
THE SPORT CIRCUITS ARE IN GETTING MADE ALL SHOULD BE GOOD IN AWEEK NEILL, will be setting up a paypal link , all will be shipped from My home in OCALA ,fL 34481, I HOPE TO HAVE THEM HERE BY 1ST OF JUNE ,tHANKS ANDY /MY HOME ## 352=237=7495 , FEEL FREE TO CALL IF YOU WANT 
NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2018 at 11:22PM
There was a delay in the production but I have now taken delivery of the circuits. cut them out, attached the rivets and inspected them. I will be sending them to Andy tomorrow, Tuesday May 29th.  I ran out of daylight to take photos today. I'll take some better photos on Friday. In the meantime here is a not so good indoor photo:

Edited by NeillNZ - 27-May-2018 at 11:23PM
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2018 at 11:45PM
Claponce again a piece of art.Thumbs Up
pure magic, 
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2018 at 4:02PM
 Thumbs Up very nice work!!!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2018 at 7:34AM

Looks awesome Neil!  This looks to be better quality than OEM.  Have you considered talking to Auto Krafters or another part supplier to see if they'd carry this product?  I am not sure what kind of production capacity you have, but with that Auto Krafters looking for new 1972+ Torino parts it might be worth talking to them.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 29-May-2018 at 7:36AM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2018 at 9:10AM
Great work!!!!
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
Timustbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timustbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2018 at 10:08AM
Neil!  You have done a great job and I am that much more excited about getting mine.  Andy, thanks for coordinating this for the rest of us.  Now to focus on the latch pillar seal, Neil?
Tim Northcutt
goliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2018 at 11:27AM
How did I miss this?
Andy, sign me up of there is another run and put me on the list if someone backs out!
Thanks,
Geary
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach72gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2018 at 12:42PM
Is the link up yet?

Don't want to miss out.

Jon
NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2018 at 10:54PM
Originally posted by jbach72gts jbach72gts wrote:

Is the link up yet?

Don't want to miss out.

Jon

They are currently in transit to Andy.  He will be waiting for them to arrive. Best not to sell any before he has them in his hands.
NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2018 at 8:32PM
I have kept one back here to take photos and I got around to it today:

Edited by NeillNZ - 02-June-2018 at 8:33PM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>