The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

..."Gran Torino" Movie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ..."Gran Torino" Movie
    Posted: 23-October-2008 at 3:05AM
In USA Today (October 23rd) , in the D section on the front page is a poster which I attached below of Clint Eastwood's new movie.  Release date is December 17th, 2008.  You can clearly see that the car is a 1972 Gran Torino (black).  Needless to say, I'm totally pumped because I'm working on a black/black 351CJ Gran Torino Sport.  "Far Out" as we used to say in the 70s.
Paul~

Edited by picon3 - 23-October-2008 at 3:06AM
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
GranTorinoMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 3:38AM

Nobody's more cool than Clint. Maybe this movie will finally give the 72 GTS its own ID and a place in Hollywood instead of hanging off the S&H fame. 

Edited by GranTorinoMan - 23-October-2008 at 4:13AM
MarkGubinski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkGubinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 6:01AM
That is awesome!
72 Gran Torino Sport 557
10.12 @136 @3600lbs.
2 Time Milan Dragway Track Champion.
2012 IHRA Div. 5 No-Box Champion.
97 career wins.

76grantorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76grantorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 7:34AM
hey thats pretty cool!
Topher
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 7:51AM
There's no better advertising than Clint Eastwood kickin' butt in his Gran Torino Muscle car right?
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
BBPeik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBPeik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 9:55AM
That is great.  I can not wit to see it.
1973 Gran Torino Sport 357 Cleveland FMX 3.50 auburn pro posi 1969 Black Jade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2008 at 4:31PM
Paul, I just saw the Gran Torino Movie Ad on TV and the 72 GTS is dark green with matching laser stripe. To bad, black would have looked a little more sinister on the big screen. They said on TV Clint could be up for an Oscar for this one and he definitely plays a grouchy old guy part.  

Edited by GranTorinoMan - 24-October-2008 at 3:08AM
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2008 at 7:20AM

Gran Torino Man,

I haven't seen the trailer yet.  Was it the fastback body style or the hardtop?  Anything 1972 with the "fish mouth" is cool with me, but it woulda' been a bit cooler if it had been black on black.  Looks black in the poster...sigh.

Clint is 78 years old.  I'd be grouchy too.  LOL

Paul~
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2008 at 3:06PM
DAMN, where do I buy that poster.
THAT is going in the basement. That, and I need to find a "Fear is the Key" poster... 
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2008 at 3:46AM
Paul, the movie trailer shows a 2 second glimps of the Torino driving along a lake shore and it sure looks like a fastback. http://teaser-trailer.com/2008/10/gran-torino-movie-trailer.html
TomiTomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomiTomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2008 at 7:26AM
Tomi
Godzillarich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzillarich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2008 at 9:09AM
Awesome!! That Torino is identiacl to mine ,but  in mint stock condition. Almost makes me want to restore my GTS back to orginal . Clint looks great for a dude that old. The film looks like a fantastic movie. Cant wait to see it. So Glad that he didnt decide to turn this into a Dirty Harry spin off . This movie seems to have a more interesting story than just another Cop action flick.  Kudos for finding that trailer online, I searched the web and couldnt find it a few days ago.
Mr. Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2008 at 1:08AM
Another home run by Eastwood. Doesn't look like he has lost anything as he ages.

Later!
Mr. Ed
Smile
1971 Torino 500 302 C4
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2008 at 1:33AM

I checked out the film clip.  Movie looks great as does the 1972 GTS fastback.  Incredible.  I want a copy of that poster too.  If anyone comes across a vendor, please post.

Paul~
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 5:23AM
Clint and the Torino were spotted by my friends a few months back in Grosse Pointe Mi, not to far from where I live. I guess they were shooting the movie in the area!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 5:51AM
Can anyone tell me where I can find the movie poster available, short of making a early morning stop with tools at a movie theater when the film comes out?
I want that poster.
I am also trying to find a "fear is the key" poster with the GTS on it, but all I find is a lame poster, and not what I am assuming is the DVD cover.
GranTorinslo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 10:33AM
10 bucks on ebay, but its only 11x17

Edited by GranTorinslo - 11-November-2008 at 10:34AM
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 1:44PM
Thanks.  I also found a killer s&h torino poster.
My only issue, is that "poster" is the same one that is found on a few other sites. I have to wonder if it's a rip off, or a genuine article from the studio?  Me thinks it be a fake...but that sell has alot of good ratings.
Shipping sort looks like a mixed bag.
351BBGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 351BBGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 12:16PM
man that actually looks pretty good. hopefully i get the torino driving well so i can drive it to the movies hah
'73 Gran Torino Sport "H" Code
Out with the Cleveland, In with the Windsor
Cleveland build in the near future
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2008 at 5:37AM
Dear eliteman76,

You asked the following question:
----------
Question:
Is this a genuine studio print, or a computer copy?
I am not trying to upset, but this appears to merely be a copy of the current movie demo available on the internet, and not an original type theater poster. I realize it is also only a 11x17 print size.
I just would like clarification, as I am trying to find a full size print.
----------
Answer:
Dear eliteman76,
Thank you for the email. I will do my best to answer your request.
This particular item is a reproduction poster shipped in brand new condition. It's listed on eBay under "reproductions".
----------
Regards,
Matt
MovieGoods eBay Customer Service
Check out eBay's largest selection of movie posters.
http://tinyurl.com/3qcull

- moviegoods.com

SO...it sounds like a rip off to me.
What do you guys think?

Andy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkGubinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2008 at 8:30AM

Ya, hold out for a while still.

72 Gran Torino Sport 557
10.12 @136 @3600lbs.
97 career wins.

mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2008 at 12:09PM
Well I bought one anyway! 10 bucks free shipping. It'll look cool in my office. I'll let you know how it looks for real when I get it. If anybody does get a lead on a full size one be sure to post.

Mule
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 9:58AM
I talked with the manager of our local Epic Theatre about snagging the movie poster for Gran Torino when it comes out.  He told me he'd save it for me, but that it would probably be faded, wrinkled, water stained by the time it came down.  As an alternative, he told me to go to the website: http://www.epictheatres.com/ after the movie comes out and at the bottom of the site there is a link that says buy movie posters.  I checked it out and they are all in the 24 x 36 inch range or larger, so that's where I'd suggest we'd go if we want to score a decent poster for our garages.

Premiere is just a few weeks away and I can't wait.

Paul~

Edited by picon3 - 24-November-2008 at 9:59AM
GranTorinslo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 10:20AM
Originally posted by picon3 picon3 wrote:

I talked with the manager of our local Epic Theatre about snagging the movie poster for Gran Torino when it comes out.  He told me he'd save it for me, but that it would probably be faded, wrinkled, water stained by the time it came down.  As an alternative, he told me to go to the website: http://www.epictheatres.com/ after the movie comes out and at the bottom of the site there is a link that says buy movie posters.  I checked it out and they are all in the 24 x 36 inch range or larger, so that's where I'd suggest we'd go if we want to score a decent poster for our garages.

Premiere is just a few weeks away and I can't wait.

Paul~
Thanks for the info!
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2008 at 12:33PM
That's good news. I got the one from ebay and framed it. It looks awesome in the frame but out of the frame you can tell it was just printed out from a computer.

Mule
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 2:48PM
Like I said, a rip off.
I found a starsky and hutch one I really like, but it's the same sort of deal. Rip off.
Only issue is, I can't find that poster, I remember looking for the thing. Not available on that site.

Edited by Eliteman76 - 25-November-2008 at 2:53PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 4:17PM
I got 2 starsky&hutch movie posters off ebay a while back and they are the real deal.You just have to read the fine print if they are repros or not and the size.
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2008 at 10:02AM
"Gran Torino" opens in two weeks.  Here's a good article about some Oscar buzz for Clint.  He's never won a best oscar for acting.  Wouldn't it be extremely cool if he won one for "Gran Torino"?  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460886,00.html
Paul~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkGubinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2008 at 1:42AM
I know it opens Dec 17th, but I read that it will not be a full release. So check your movie guides that week 'cause it might not be opening everywhere.
It was a Canadian article that said it was opening in Toronto (blah) on Dec 17 but not for another month for the rest of the country.
72 Gran Torino Sport 557
10.12 @136 @3600lbs.
97 career wins.

picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2008 at 3:36AM

Mark,

You're right in that it is a "limited" opening on December 17th with a "wide" release on January 16, 2009.  Back in 2004, Clint had Million Dollar Baby out and they had a limited release on December 15th that year with a wide release January 21st, 2005.  The limited release was to qualify for the Oscars for 2004.  I'm guessing a similiar plan is shaping up for Gran Torino.  The closest big city to me is Charlotte, so I may have to wait until the wide release in '09. Ouch

Edited by picon3 - 04-December-2008 at 3:37AM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>