The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laser Stripes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laser Stripes
    Posted: 10-September-2018 at 12:40AM
Besides for the wrinkles that should work out during application, does anybody see an issue with these stripes?

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2018 at 12:18PM
The colour looks a bit off.  The door piece on the laser stripe car starts as the lighter colour, then about halfway switches to the darker colour.  This one looks like the door colour is all pretty much dark.  I know I have seen some aftermarket stripes that seem to be slightly off from the OEM.

Here is an OEM stripe:

Edited by 72FordGTS - 10-September-2018 at 12:18PM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2018 at 3:28PM
Thanks very much.  First thing I noticed is that the back of the quarter panel looks too light compared to original stripes.  I called up a local owner of a garaged survivor car and took some pictures.  I wanted another opinion before I called the vendor.  Will call vendor tomorrow.  I have a fortune in this car, don't want to settle for stripes that are off.

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2018 at 4:28PM
who was the vendor? so others know who to be cautious of or ask if they corrected the problem before handin over any money.
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2018 at 6:05AM
In contact with the vendor now and will give a full story within a few days.
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2018 at 6:08AM
Nothing is final yet, but it sounds like they will make it right.  I should know by late this week.  The vendor is Phoenix Graphix.  The guy on the phone did acknowledge the coloring appears to be off.

I ordered back early in the year and took a quick inspection.  It was not until recently when I went to take pictures of a local survivor car to aid with installation that we noticed the color was off.  I would recommend to anybody to fully inspect when they arrive regardless of vendor.  We did inspect initially, but not for a color match to original.
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2018 at 10:04AM
Received a call Thursday evening from Phoenix Graphix that they would ship out a new laser stripe at no cost.  Received an email yesterday for the FedEx shipping notification.  Hoping I can keep the stripes I received first to decorate my garage.  Their customer service was very friendly.  They've reworked the stripe.  Looking forward to getting them on the car.  Will post a picture soon.
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2018 at 6:21AM
My final follow up on the topic unless somebody has a question.  I received the new stripes yesterday afternoon.  The look good to me and I am very satisfied with the response from Phoenix Graphix.  I recommend them.  Below is a picture of the new stripes with the rear quarter panel stripe from the first kit I received.  A big difference!  No wrinkles in the new one too.

Post Reply Post Reply