The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi All

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tantrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi All
    Posted: 18-September-2018 at 12:11PM

My name is Mark Ware and am happy to be a part of the fun. I live in Wilmington, DE. I am a sales arborist for Kerns Brothers trees service, A Davey Company. My first car was a 1972 4 door green Gran Torino I bought for $200.00 in 1986. I was 17 years old. That car is long gone but I always wanted another. I bought a 2B red 72  GTS  last year (2017) with black top. Its a coupe. I know, I know, everyone loves the fastback. Not me. Love my coupe! It is all original except the engine. The 72 400m it came with now has a 73 400m in it. I wish to slowly restore the car and am hoping to gain knowledge from this site to assist me.

Edited by Tantrum - 18-September-2018 at 2:13PM
Mark L Ware, Sr.
Wilmington, DE
1972 GTS Coupe 400M
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2018 at 12:20PM
Welcome Mark, always good to see another enthusiast join.  The color combo on your car should look really sharp, the coupes definitely have a big following on here.  This site and its members have helped me greatly on my project and are a great source for info and inspiration.  When possible pictures are always appreciated ( May take a short time for your status to be upgraded to post pictures)  -  dave
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2018 at 12:44PM
welcome! it's ok i prefer the coupe (formal roof as they are called in the torino world)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2018 at 2:06PM
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great car. I have the fastback version of your car, 2B red, 400 car. Lots of guys like formals around here.

You now have full member privileges.Post some pics of your ride. We love pics here.

Here's a how to thread if you need help:

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/how-to-post-a-picture-updated_topic16433&FID=12&PR=3.html

Edited by 72FordGTS - 19-September-2018 at 12:49PM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 12:54AM
Welcome, and yeah no worries - the coupe has a lot of love on this site!
Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 6:53AM
Welcome and hopefully the "Metal God" will chime in and show ya some pics of his beautiful formal roof car, Stacy Lynn. Wink 
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:35AM
chime! chime! chime!

there... i "chimed in"... LOL.  

ok, here is a picture of my beautiful 73 formal roof "Stacylynn".  she is the love of my life.

i would say, go to my progress thread and browse through the complete frame off restoration process... but alas, it was all linked to photobucket which took a dump on our filesharing abilities.  so all my pics arent there, the links are broken.  And ironically, this is the first pic i have posted since then.

---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:39AM
HOLY COW!!!!  i just posted this pic and decided that since i now know how to do a pic on this site, i would fix my profile pic... then i noticed that it was back.  so i went to my progress thread and all my pics are there... 

i dont want to hi-jack marks welcome page, but WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:44AM
Originally posted by legend onirot legend onirot wrote:

chime! chime! chime!

there... i "chimed in"... LOL.  

There he is and I'm glad all your photos are back too Malcolm! Clap
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
 Post Reply Post Reply