The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylian Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: 19-September-2018 at 4:46AM
Hi everyone. My name is Jylian, and I'm 17. I do enjoy these cars, but I'm actually here for help. I'm in dire search of a very special keychain. It's leather, with a white emblem, and the GT logo in the middle. My guy owns a 68 Torino, and it's his dream car. One thing he's always wanted was this special keychain that you could get with it from the factory. I have a really fuzzy picture of one I found online, and that's it. These are insanely rare keychains, and I'm looking all over for one. If anyone could help me and at least get me in the right direction, I'll be forever grateful. I'm not limited on a budget. Please, anyone that can help me, let me know. Thank you so much!
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 6:47AM
Can you post the photo you mentioned?

Here is one on Ebay, but I'm sure if this could be it or not:

https://www.ebay.com/i/332732037622?chn=ps 

Vintage Leather Torpedo Key Fob Key Chain Ford Torino GT Red/White

Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 12:05PM
Welcome Jylian.  Post some photos like Carlos said, so we know what you are looking for.  Nice to see that young people still have interest in old cars.

Here's a how to thread if you need help posting pics.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 3:44PM
welcome! yes a pic will help...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Jylian Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylian Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 5:56PM
this is the one I'm looking for. I've had trouble getting this image to upload, but here it is. Black leather would be preferable, but any of this variation would be amazing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylian Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 5:58PM
I have scoured eBay and Facebook and Craigslist and nobody seems to have them. I've been through some of these forums before and the people can be so helpful in things like this, and I figured this was the best place to go. Thanks again guys!
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2018 at 6:34PM
 that shape/style key fob was popular in the 80's and 90's
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 1:02AM
^^ Agreed. These were VERY popular for awhile. Surprised it's not out there, but I'll definitely keep my eyes out for one like this for you! And welcome!
Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylian Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 9:21AM
As far as I can tell, these were only made for 68 and 69. There annoyingly rare to a point that you can't even find a picture when you look it up. But my guy wants one, and that means I'm gonna find one. I know this is a long shot for something this small and rare. But I'm determined to find one
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 9:51AM
72 GT Ute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylian Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 4:52PM
This was the post I was able to find the picture off. But this was sold years and years ago, and for some reason the listing hasn't been taken down. I was tricked by this one haha. Still looking..
 Post Reply Post Reply