The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrw2798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone
    Posted: 19-September-2018 at 7:21PM
Hi my name is lonal whittenton I live in coats, nc I recently acquired a 76 gran torino that was a starsky and hutch replica and I'm trying to restore it as such looking for advise on panel repair or replacement and help with getting trim and other interior pieces thanks.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 3:35AM
welcome! i have some of the parts you need
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Lrw2798 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrw2798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 4:25AM
Awesome I was just reading through your thread on building your starsky car last night.
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:03AM
I had to look up Coats.  I live not far away in Danville VA.  There is an old yard near me that has some old 74-76 Torinos and Elites.  He did have about 12 72/73 Gran Torinos 10 years ago but most are gone now.  Most of these cars hit the yard in the 80's and early 90's so good sheet metal is not likely.  There could be some trim pieces and interior pieces at reasonable prices.  If you are interested in looking one day let me know.  It is really grown up and I recommend waiting until after a frost or two.  I need a couple thinks but the cars I am interested in are covered in poison oak now.  I'll try in November.
Lrw2798 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrw2798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:09AM
I would be interested to go up there and look and around just let me know when a good time would be in the future.
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:18AM
I'll reach out to you, maybe for an early November parts run. At least the leaves will be off the poison oak vines and the bugs will be gone. Just north of me outside of Chatham, VA. The owner is a Ford guy.
Lrw2798 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrw2798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 6:34AM
Great thanks
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2018 at 12:15PM
Welcome!  Post some pics of your car if you can, we'd love to see it.  Feel free to start a project thread so we can follow along as you restore it. 
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply