The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seat belts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat belts
    Posted: 17-January-2019 at 12:29AM
I suspect the top attachment will have to be secured to a brace you add to the deck/seat back to add strength.

Definitely not retractable as far as I can tell. More like a racing harness that I will train my son to remove quickly to get out in a hurry.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 4:14PM
i just looked on they're site at the 2 point retractable belts good selection of colors and reasonable price
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
73torino gt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 3:39PM
Looks legit,post on how they r when u install them,îd appreciate it.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 1:43PM
There are some places that will install new webbing on your original belts, if you want to keep it original looking. 

I was one who started a thread about adding three point belts to the back seat for my kids a while ago.  I haven't got around to doing it yet, but it is on the long term to-do list.  I only know of one member that installed rear three point belts, but they were the non-retractable type.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
havanariviera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 10:28AM
http://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30498140-4-point-y-harness-lift-latch-buckle.html?ref=category:1389308

When you refer to setting up the middle seat in the back for your son; are you thinking of using this option? I've been trying to come up with a solution as seat belts have been discussed on the forum before but I haven't been able to move forward with any luck. If you use this setup, do the bottom clips latch to the OEM belts in the back seat? And if so, where (more so, how?) do you bolt the top part in? I'd be interested in any thoughts or feedback on this topic. Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 10:09AM
I would replace them all if were original.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 10:08AM
Originally posted by 73torino gt 73torino gt wrote:

Thanks for the info, have u used their belts before?

I haven't yet but will be soon. I have to set up the middle of the back seat for my son. Also, the belts in my car right now don't give me much confidence the way they are bolted in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 9:52AM
Thanks for the info, have u used their belts before?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 5:53AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2019 at 2:51AM
Where can u buy shoulder strap seat belts at for my 73 gts?
 Post Reply Post Reply