The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An interchange item

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An interchange item
    Posted: 16-January-2019 at 4:10PM
For those who have noticed that I have stripped out some parts from a 1972 Lincoln a continental Mark IV.........

One of the parts I was able to rescue was the door speaker grill. The part number is:
D30A-18978-A. I was looking at some other parts today and noticed "boy, that speaker grill looks a LOT like the one in the '72 GTS interior door panel. So I pulled out one of my panels to check that grill. Yup, sure looks the same.....turned it over to check the number---Same thing. Checked another one.....same thing but with the number D20Z-18978-A.

The driver door has the grill, the passenger door does not, BUT--when I turned the panel over, the lines for the cut out are cast into the plastic, so it can easily be cut right on the provided lines, and this grill will pop right in. all I need to do is change the color.

So long and short, the door speaker grill from the 1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV is a direct swap to the GTS door speaker grill.

fwiw,

Dave F

Edited by hogfiddles - 16-January-2019 at 4:27PM
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2019 at 2:09PM
72-76 Mark IV, Thunderbird are essentially bloated Torinos on the 4-door wheelbase.
And Ford loved parts-bin engineering.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2019 at 6:45AM
pretty sure the door speaker grill spams across the Ford / Lincoln / Mercury line for years
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply