The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand New Member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 73GTSman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand New Member
    Posted: 30-April-2019 at 2:59PM
Hello to all. My name is Ken and I have actually been on the site lurking for years, but never registered as a new member. I've gained so much information from just reading all the post here. Almost ten years ago, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 1973 GTS fastback, 400 2v, C6, factory A/C, column shift. 

Car was sitting way back in a (Texas) field, with for sale written on the back window. After finding the owner, he said couldn't get the car to start, and told me just go look it over, and let him know if I wanted it. Owner left me and my friend with the car, as he left not wanting to miss the start of Superbowl XLIII (43) 2009. 

After owner left, we stuck a hot battery in the car, opened the wired shut choke (reason car didn't start for owner), and poured a little gas in the carb. She blasted right off and ran smooth as silk. The old 400 is a little tired but not missing and smooth; also the C6 shifts perfectly. Needless to say, I did not hesitate the buy this car, and have now had it 10 years, parked inside a climate controlled building. It is in decent shape and is driven regularly.  

I'm now ready to start doing things to the car and I'm so happy this forum exist, as it helps save so much time with the knowledge experience that is here. 

I hope my introduction and intro. wasn't too long but just wanted to share the story. Thanks to all in advance, for any reply's to the questions I will be posting in the future.

Ken
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2019 at 4:30PM
welcome ken! cool story Big smile i too ran across this site years ago while looking for parts for mine and the sport dash info here was invaluable when i converted my gauge cluster Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2019 at 6:21AM
Welcome to the forum and great intro!  Great story and would love to see pics of the car. I have upgraded you to a new member so you have full website access and can post pics.  We'd love to see you car, so feel free to post some pics.

If you need help we have a detailed tutorial on how to post photos here:

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2019 at 1:49AM
welcome ken.  great story and would love to see some pics 

---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2019 at 7:30AM
WELCOME to the Family!
Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
GranTorinoMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2019 at 2:38PM
Welcome. A 73 with a 400 could be rare find. Ford had problems with the 400 early in 72. Your car no doubt has the new and improved 400, very cool.  
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2019 at 3:35PM
 Can't wait to see the pics. Good to be out of the shadows. Welcome aboard.
mean steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2019 at 3:59AM
Welcome. New to the site myself. Store similar to you as far as using the forum section for a few years before joining. Lots of good information and discussion, and so far nothing but good and helpful people.
Welcome again.
73GTSman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTSman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2020 at 12:17PM

Not sure my photo will upload but here is my 73 Torino, acquired in 2009. It runs well. The 400 is a little tired but is smooth. Car has been driven some but mostly sitting inside since 2009.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2020 at 12:44PM
Looks good. I like the wheels.
73GTSman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTSman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2020 at 1:27PM
Wheels are the stock 14 inchers with new center caps. I cleaned them up a little with some polish but they are OEM Ford.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2020 at 1:38PM
Very nice.
Steve M.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2020 at 2:09PM
The difference between old and new is basically just tire choices. They cleaned up nicely.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2020 at 2:36PM
nice!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
73GTSman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTSman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2020 at 11:53AM
Going to put a big block in this car. I will post some more pics and some swap questions, over in the 1972-1973 forum.
dan0R30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan0R30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2020 at 1:14PM
Welcome Ken! Nice!
Dan

1970 Ford Torino hardtop - 351C 4V - FMX - 9" 3.89 TrueTrac
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2020 at 12:29AM
Welcome to the group. 
 Nice car. 
Steve M.
Our73GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our73GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2020 at 7:54AM
Looking forward to your progress. Driving around central California I am constantly looking in fields and yards for Torinos/Rancheros! Found a 73 Ranchero last Thursday next to someone's drive way. Stopped to inquire,  but now one home. It Looks Complete . Will poSt my findings. Good luck! 
 Post Reply Post Reply