The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATI Super-F vs Amsoil ART Transmission Fluid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATI Super-F vs Amsoil ART Transmission Fluid
    Posted: 25-April-2020 at 1:46PM
i think the AMSOIL guy is slightly exaggerating the results from the omission of any friction modifiers that modern auto transmissions need. have you ever driven a limited slip with not enough additive in it? i personally don't mind the 'walking' of the clutch pack releasing intermittently but most people would think there's something terribly wrong.  add a little more posi juice and the clutches release smoothly. in a modern auto transmission that effect will mess with the converter lock-up clutch and the car will be in the dealer / trans shop

72 GT Ute

GranTorinoMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2019 at 3:20PM
I had to put drag racing on the back-burner last year, however this year I'll taking my car to the track for sure. I've been experimenting with different oil and filters over the years but this year I'm going to run all the good stuff in my 72 GTS. I've been researching Type F transmission oil and found 2 very interesting synthetic oil products.

AMSOIL ATF

ATI Super F

I decide to go with ATI's Super F 20w (part # 100001) because its less expensive and I don't like
how the AMSOIL causes such a hard shift as described in the video.
Even if synthetic oil doesn't improve my ET at least it will protect my expensive C6 parts.
Racing 2nd weekend of June and I'll post the results. 

Check out this Moroso # 93108 Oil Pan Gasket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHF0zZZisU

Edited by GranTorinoMan - 13-May-2019 at 5:43PM
 Post Reply Post Reply