The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1968 Torino Heater Control Valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptac85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 Torino Heater Control Valve
    Posted: 23-September-2019 at 2:38PM
I have owned my 68 for 20 plus years and have always wondered. On most 68's that I have seen --the heater control valve that mounts on the firewall has a single vacuum operated valve. On my car- I have 2 vacuum controlled valves that are hooked together. I speculated that it was a dealer add on for air-conditioning....but have no clue. I have only seen this set up on one other car...and pulled the heater control valve just to hoard the part should I ever need it. Does anyone have an idea why I have this setup in my car?
tp
Papa Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2019 at 1:18PM
unique to 68/69, I need one for my 68 if you want to sell the spare. Let me know, Scott at senorris@cox.net
tyfaciane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyfaciane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2019 at 7:27AM
I'm currently restoring a 69 Torino non-AC Car.

I have a 69 Torino AC parts car; I think it has the valve you're talking about - I don't need any of the AC Stuff, any Power Steering Stuff or any of the Power Disc Brake stuff on this car.

My 428 Car is manual steering, 4-wheel drum brakes and non-AC.

It is however - Tach Dash - Anybody got a Tach Dash Instrument Cluster and under dash wiring harness if it's unique to this setup.

I'll sell, trade, partial trade anything I don't need toward what I need!

AC and non-AC Firewall Compare

Edited by tyfaciane - 05-November-2019 at 8:40AM
68 Mustang 390GT Coupe - Project
69 Torino GT 428CJ Fastback - Project
Papa Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2019 at 9:55AM
yo, I don't need the valve anymore but thanks anyway.
Also as far as a 69 tach setup there is a person on Yuma, Az craigslist thats been trying to sell his gauge/w tach for like a year now. 500.00 seems steep but ya never know if ya call them what might transpire. Happy parts hunting!
tyfaciane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyfaciane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2019 at 3:45AM
Thanks for the lead.  I don't see the gauge cluster on craigslist.

schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2019 at 4:04AM
This site has Re-pop tach circuit boards and NOS tachs:

You will need the tach cluster itself as well since it has hole for tach body. 

The owner has passed away recently so not sure of the current status of the business.  I bought one a few years back from him but haven't installed the tach in car yet.

The harness is available from Mac's.  I hooked mine up with this to test the tach outside the car and worked.  Hooks up in series with coil wires

tyfaciane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyfaciane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2019 at 2:34AM
Found It!

The guy with it listed is actually from St. Louis, MO.  I guess he listed it in Yuma - he lists in various large cities around the US.

Anyway we're working out the transaction now!

Thanks Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply