The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 04-October-2019 at 5:41PM
Hi. I have a 69 Ford Torino GT fastback with a 302. My dad used to buy cars and bring them home to sell when I was growing up. One day he brought home the Torino. When I saw it I said to him that it was the prettiest car he had ever brought home. He sold it to me when I turned 18. Being that I was young and basically poor, we had to drive it in the winter and when my husband was picking me up from work we slid on ice and clipped a pole on the front quarterpanel. About 20 years ago my husband started working on it, then he got really ill and passed away. I have kept the car for 30 years. I still dont have a lot of money to have it restored but I have a little and have a dream of getting the car back on the road by the time I turn 50!!! It's still the prettiest car I have ever seen! I need a hood for it, so if anyone has one please let me know! 
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2019 at 8:45PM
welcome!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
mkshelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkshelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 3:00AM
Thats a good story, and welcome! 
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually UNinventing the wheel"
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 4:50AM
great story!  youve been thru some stuff.  share some pictures when you get a chance.  

Im sure you will find what you are looking for here
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 5:43AM
Welcome!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 7:02AM
Welcome to the forum!  And like other's said, great story about your car.  You have been upgraded to full membership, so you have full access and can upload photos to the site.

Post some pics of your car when you get a chance.  There is a how-to thread if you need some help.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
bobtork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobtork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 1:05PM
Hello everyone, I want to say thank you for allowing me to join. I am looking for a 1974-1976 Gran Torino. Back in 1982 I had a 1976 S&H Gran Torino that unfortunately I wrecked and have been missing it ever since. If anyone could point me in the right direction I don't mind putting the work in for another.

Thank You Bob Tork 
Jezz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 4:19PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Milton 68 GT Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2019 at 3:57AM
Good morning, I was in search for a hood for my 68 GT Torino as well. They are almost impossible to find. I found a vendor that makes Fiberglass hoods for our cars. I just recently ordered a hood from them. Their name is "Crites". They are located in Ohio. Good luck restoring your car.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428
Jezz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2019 at 8:37AM
Thank you so much!
Milton 68 GT Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton 68 GT Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2019 at 1:48AM
You are welcome.
Ross 1968 GT Torino 428
 Post Reply Post Reply