The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Torino Shock tower measurements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 Torino Shock tower measurements
    Posted: 10-November-2019 at 1:13AM
Hey guys new to this forum. I am having issues with my 69. The top control arm is shimmed out as far as it will go and the bottom is pulled in the same. My camber is still way outside of spec. Does anyone have the factory measurements on the shock tower placement so I can start trouble shooting what's causing my issue? Probably need inside skirt to skirt and the distance between the shock towers. Any help would be appreciated.
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2019 at 2:11AM
Attached is a pic from the '69 shop manual that may have what you're looking for.  I've got a '69 and could take some measurements if needed.

Josh1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2019 at 4:14AM
Thank you Brother! Thats exactly what I needed!
Josh1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2019 at 8:09AM
well my baby is going to a frame machine on the 2nd of December.....no clue what this is going to cost! Based on the dimension sheet you sent me its not good. Someone went to a lot of trouble to hide the damage without actually fixing it...Thanks again
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2019 at 10:56AM
yeah i don't get that??? spend twice the effort to do sh*t halfassConfused  than to just do it right! and be done with it Thumbs Up ShockedShockedShockedShocked i mean geez, if it's mangled that bad straighten what you can then cut a good section from another car and graft it in !!!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2019 at 4:30AM
frame pulls are pretty cheap, considering

those guys work miracles in short time
72 GT Ute

schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2019 at 7:26PM
Any updates Josh?  Just curious to see what was found
 Post Reply Post Reply