The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1968 torino gt 2-door hardtop rear reflector plate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1968 torino gt 2-door hardtop rear reflector plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 torino gt 2-door hardtop rear reflector plate
    Posted: 24-March-2020 at 6:15AM
hey

I have a 1968 torino gt 2-door hardtop. I ordered a rear tail fin. The lights sit in that. Also attached to that fin is the reflector plate and reflectors that screw into the plate. I cant find the plate the reflector screws into. Does anyone know where I could find one? 

Thanks for the help

Edited by Spencer - 24-March-2020 at 6:45AM
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2020 at 4:15PM
not sure what you mean? i'm guessing you mean the valance?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2020 at 10:11PM
I'm not sure what the part is called. On my car next to the tail light on the side are reflectors. For the fastback the reflectors are stick on. For my car they are screw on. I need the plate behind the right reflector so I can screw the reflector in. Is that what it's called a valance?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2020 at 2:51AM
hmm valance goes below the tail lights and bumper.. maybe quarter panel extensions???  trying to visualize that year car and what you're referring toEmbarrassed
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2020 at 4:44AM
I think I might buy the 1968 FORD FAIRLANE TORINO CONVERTIBLE RIGHT TAIL LIGHT HOUSING EXTENSION on Ebay (sorry for caps copied and pasted from ebay) and take the part I need out. It's to bad because the housing extension is 50 bucks and I only need a little pice of metal out of it 
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2020 at 4:46AM
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2020 at 4:50AM
I'm new to buying and selling on Ebay. Saying that do u think it's a sh*tty thing to do to sell that housing with out the part I'm talking about. For a reduced price of course? Or should I just hold on to it as a spair 
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2020 at 2:10PM
That ebay quarter extension looks pretty twisted.  A guy has one posted here on a site more geared for the 68-71's:

http://torinocobra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42813
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2020 at 3:23PM
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 11:44AM
are you planing to cut the housing and weld a piece back in? i believe those are pot metal and may not be able to weld on without melting away???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2020 at 12:11AM
Thanks for all the links but I have 2 tail light housing fins on my car already. I only need the one piece of thin metal the reflector attaches to. Im thinking of making a small trap door out of it. When this part comes in I'm going to cut it off and then cut into the metal to fold it around a small metal rod that I'm going to weld in. Then im going to drill some small holes into the opposite side and screw a locking latch of some kind on. I'm hoping to make a secret compartment out of it. It would be a cool way to hold it closed and if I ever want to stash my keys while I went surfing it would be a good spot 
 Post Reply Post Reply