The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mnegron317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 25-March-2020 at 4:00PM
Hello Everyone,
My name is Minnie. I am a New Member obviously. I joined this forum because I am going to try to put my fathers 1970 Ford Torino Gt back together in his memory. My mother told me that he has all the parts. It just has to be put back. The body work is all done and the engine is in but she stated before my father passed away he was going to start putting the wiring harness in/together. I'm some what knowledgeable of cars, but no way do I consider myself a know it all. I am smart and a fast learner. I guess I need to know where I can find info on a wiring guide. The car is completely emptied inside minus the engine. I literally have to install everything. I want to get it up and running since he never finished it. It was all he ever wanted. Any help anyone can offer me I would really appreciate. My dad had a guy was suppose to help him at one time but ripped him off and left the car as is and that was right about the time he got too sick to do anything himself. Any info is very much appreciated.  Thank you all for your time. 
Conner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 4:25AM
Welcome! I'm sure there are people on here who can help, an abundance of knowledge flows through this forum. 
Conner Van Hine
Mnegron317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnegron317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 4:30AM
Thank you. I hope so. I will need it. Nice to meet you Conner.
Rons73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rons73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 6:43AM
Welcome Minnie,
Conner is correct, there are lots of good folk here to help out.Smile
You may have to hunt around your father's stuff a bit to see if he had some reference or shop manuals, these would be super helpful.
I do not know much about the 1970 model, but others do.
You should get upgraded as a full member soon, and then you can post pics of what you want help with, so these wizards can guide you more easily.
Hang in there!
Ron
Mnegron317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnegron317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 6:51AM
Hello Ron,
Yes, I plan on starting next month. Once I am able to get to her house and sort through everything. Once I get everything organized I'm sure he has a manual of some sort somewhere. Lol. I cant wait. I'm excited and nervous all at same time. His paint job alone cost 20k alone because it was custom made which I think was a rip off. So I will make myself sick if I scratch it at all. Lol. But I cant wait till it's done and put it the car shows for him.
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 9:03AM
welcome minnie

you will find what you need here.  Alot of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.  I hope you get what you need and have a lasting tribute to your dad.  
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 11:20AM
welcome! i'm not overly knowledgeable on the earlier cars but worked on many many cars of all makes of that era Wink if the harness is a factory type much of it is like a puzzle...lay each section out and see what fits where that plugs in to the components Wink kind of like a process of elimination with the remaining wires Thumbs Up i'm sure several of us on here can help you figure it out Big smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 12:03PM
Welcome Minnie!  I upgraded you to a full forum member.  You can post some pics or start a project thread for your car.  We'll do the best to help you with your project.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
JackC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 12:06PM
Welcome Minnie!
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2020 at 8:48AM
   Welcome aboard Minnie. Definitely post pics when you can. My condolences on your loss. I hope your Dad bagged and tagged the parts with location etc.
   It will be a puzzle with many pieces and don't be discouraged if you install something only to find out it has to come out again. I am not sure I Troy Lemming is a board member but he is a guru on that car. Paint can be that expensive for sure. Can't wait to see pics.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2020 at 11:07AM
not sure if troy is a member on here i'll try and get him to joinWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2020 at 2:05PM
ClapHug
 Post Reply Post Reply