The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Torino Data Plate Body Code Stamp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 Torino Data Plate Body Code Stamp
    Posted: 29-June-2020 at 6:01AM
New here and hope my question is in the right place.

Purchased a 1969 Ford Torino GT, driver door has been replaced.  Looking for the data plate and wondering if it could be anywhere other than driver door, or if body code is stamped somewhere like it is on the Maverick. TIA
dawn
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2020 at 1:44PM
i believe most of the 60's cars had them on the drivers door. there may be a VIN stamped on the fenderwell section like the mustang, usually there's a notch in the edge of the fender but may still be covered by the fender??? if you have the VIN marti should be able to make you a new door tag from that info??? on my mustang it was really bad and i changed doors as well so i ordered a new correct repop tag from himWink

https://www.martiauto.com/tags.cfm

you can order a marti report too:
https://www.martiauto.com/tags.cfm
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
dreaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2020 at 4:39AM
Thank you! I will do that!
dawn
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2020 at 4:27PM
The 68/69's don't have the fender notch like the Mustangs, but VIN is stamped on the top of inner engine bay structure. Have to remove the fender bolts to view it. Can't recall if on both sides or just one.
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
 Post Reply Post Reply