The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zebra 3 in rehab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2009 at 5:14PM
right, you had mentioned that in an email awhile back after I was going to go with AutoKrafters...I saved Marti's website, its on my list of purchases...thanks again for the tipSmile
Starsky and Hutch Limited Edition #559 in rehab
motorheads5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorheads5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2009 at 5:34PM
Oh I scrolled through your thread and sank when I saw the t-bone carnage lol oh dude that suck's . It sure is looking good now nice work and nice car .Clap
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 6:52PM

fenders and doors replaced and alignment checked, found out driver's door hinges were bad, got those replaced

GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 6:53PM
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2009 at 3:57PM
That "accident" is one of my biggest fears once my car is done. I hope I handle it well. Nice job on the rebuild.   
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 1:28PM
I wouldn't handle it to well.lol.I'm going to use Grundy worldwide collector car insurance.Going to get it covered for like $40K.Just in case!!Anymore pics??
zebra03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zebra03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 1:43PM
That raises a good question. I have Hagerty's ins. for $20k on my limited S&H 61,000 orig. miles. Enough?
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 1:50PM
I'd probably raise it at least $5k,maybe $7-8K.Our cars aren't getting any easier or cheaper to find parts for,especially nos parts,they're drying up as we speak and also not a lot is made for our cars as far as repro stuff and sheetmetal is another issue.
zebra03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zebra03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 1:53PM
Thanks
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:31PM

When the previous owner had the accident, he almost had a stroke when his insurance company said they would give him something like $3500 which is what they thought the "book" value was for the car at the time, a basic '76 2dr Gran Torino. Luckly he got some help from starskytorino.com who was able to give him some documents to show his insurance company the actual value of the collector car..he must have been a good costumer too because they came to an agreement to pay for the whole repair. Then after getting over that headache, the body shop went under before the job was completed and he gave up and sold it...He learned a valuable lesson on having a old car valued for an "agreed upon" price for an auto policy.

GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:37PM

We went with pure toner for the stripe (another Ralph tip) I told my father-in-law to call me when he had it marked off. I had to make sure it was exactly where I wanted it.

GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:40PM
good thing I drove the 4hrs to make sure, for going pretty much only by the old photos I had, it was pretty darn close. Just had to widen the spot where it goes over the roof.
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:43PM
the only part I didnt like with the old stripe was if you looked closely the point sortof nose dives after it passes the front tires. One side was right but the other still dipped. Got that corrected.
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:50PM
ready for the paint booth
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:55PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 5:35PM
WOW,looking really good!Yeah that roof stripe we had to do a couple times also,mine was actually to wide,had to narrow it a bit and also on the front fenders,the way it goes over the bulge,had to do it a couple times also to get it right.Has it been shot in the final red coats yet?
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2009 at 6:30AM
Yup, looks fantastic..Clap..I'll try and get the photos transfered and resized to post today or tomorrow...
GRAN1976TORINO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2009 at 10:56AM
Keep those pics coming! Looking really good - dont forget interior and under-carriage pics! Gotta see those asap! Nice job!
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 3:55PM
the final painting phase has begun.......alittle orangy from the flash
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 3:59PM

red coats are on, paper removed from stripe ready to shoot the whole thing in clear. Thought about just leaving it like this...............not. 

GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 4:00PM
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 4:00PM
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 4:03PM
what a difference that clear makes, the paint is still a bit wet when these were taken, but wow! what a shine!Thumbs%20Up
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 4:05PM
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 4:23PM
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 4:25PM
SininenIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SininenIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 10:01PM
Looks great! I can imagine how happy you are with the resultSmile
Aatu
73 Gran Torino Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2009 at 9:27AM
WOW - FANTASTIC....NICE SHOTS - POST MORE ASAP!..is it buckets or bench?
GaryFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2009 at 6:19PM
I have a bench, but I picked up a center counsel awhile ago in case I find a nice set of bucket seats. I'll probably keep the column shift though like the TV show cars, I just bought a tilt wheel I am going to have installed. The counsel I got is actually for a column shift car, it still has the plate covering where the floor shift lever would usually go..
I've got some pics after the buffing was all done that I'll post shortly.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2009 at 12:52AM
Great - thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>