The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

heater fan control ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1beautifuldaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: heater fan control ?
    Posted: 03-November-2021 at 12:53AM
On the ranchero I just bought, 1972, the interior fan would not run, I found the fuse blown and also a plug not plugged in behind the fan switch. I plugged the plug in and replaced the fuse and the fan runs ,but you can't shut it off now. It will change speed , I am guessing the slides above it when turned to the off position should be what shuts the fan down but it does not. anyone know if the problem would be in the slide switch above the heater fan switch? Is that what shuts the fan off?   Thanks
78FordLtd2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78FordLtd2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2021 at 5:59AM
Yes, that slide switch above the fan speed switch is what turn the fan off. OFF--------HEATER--------DEFROST

OFF turns off the fan. The fan switch below changes the speed.

There should be some kind of a metal tab inside that moves with the slide that disconnects the power to the fan in the OFF position. 
1beautifuldaughter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1beautifuldaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2021 at 6:02AM
Awesome, Thanks very much, thats kind of what I figured.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2021 at 7:15AM
yes its in the slider switch mine stops occasionally i have to move it to make contact again
try sliding it a bunch of times... if it sat it could be corroded on the contacts...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply