The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

horn wont work from the steering wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: horn wont work from the steering wheel
    Posted: 24-February-2004 at 2:59AM

i have the T-spoke steering wheel, i have a horn and and the fuse is fine, i took off the cushion off the wheel and saw the the teriminals, i crossed them and the horn "honked" but it will not work if you press the center soft rubber type section installed!? any ideas on why it will not work? did they off a rim-blow option on these cars? thanks for your time.

Ernest

1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2004 at 3:07AM
Maybe you have a rusty contact inside the wheel? I dont think they offered a rim-blow option in those years.
The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2004 at 1:19PM

is'nt there supoosed too be something underneath the plastic/foam rubber that makes contact with the two connection when you push on it? like i said before when you bridge the connection with a screwdriver the horn blows!!i've always had the sterring wheels that are 2 spoke,this one is a 3 spoke(T-shapped). i do not want to resort too a remote horn switch!

1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
 Post Reply Post Reply