The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Torino Farm-return trip-Q code Ranchero and parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torino Farm-return trip-Q code Ranchero and parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Torino Farm-return trip-Q code Ranchero and parts
    Posted: 27-May-2009 at 5:54AM
I am bringing this up now in advance:

In am planning a run possibly back out to the Torino Farm, or I may end up going to the other yard that is two hours SW of Omaha that has around 6 dozen Torinos assorted years to get some sheet metal.

If I go back for this Ranchero, would anyone be interested in the rest of this Ranchero for cheap? I only want the complete front clip and doors, and if it has large sway bars I will be saving those.
The body shell, 9", chassis, everything else is for the taking. This is a 1974 Q code ranchero. I *think* there is a title for it,  but don't know. I don't want to mess with parting it out right now, but I am selling to just help cover my gas out there and back {last trip was around $300}...I probably only would want around $200 for it.

If I don't make a run to the farm, I will be running to the Wymore yard to see if there are still some good Torinos still in the yard.

Anyone interested, let me know. 

Scott-
The XR7 cougar I think has a tilt coloum in it...it also has buckets and the console {damaged}.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
castillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2009 at 7:50AM
The tilt column is interesting.. I've yet to lay eyes on a tilit with floor shift.. Let me know..
My dad told me 2 things.. Always drive FORDS and never marry women with names like CHERRY,PEACHES and LEMON
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2009 at 8:46AM
Andy,

I still need the metal rod that connects the driver's side front fender to the frame.  About 12 inches long with angled ends.  I also need the piece that sits inside the hood at the hood latch that allows for the hood to spring up when you pull the latch underneath the bumper.  I had both of these pieces before I started the tear down on my project and now they have both vanished.  Paul~

Edited by picon3 - 27-May-2009 at 8:47AM
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
iangj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iangj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2009 at 1:28AM
Damn Andy. Wish I had the time off and I'd join you just for the road trip!!
Ian Glyn-Jones
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Wish I had My Baby Back

Montego GT Registry
Forum; http://mmgt.forumchitchat.com/
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 5:24AM
Andy,

I updated my part needs in a separate thread.  Paul~
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 6:07AM
I put a post, I think I have at least the cover plate and for sure the spring for the hood latch.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 6:17AM
Here is the pic on the cougar:
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 9:18AM
tilt floor shift console?
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
1975MontegoMX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1975MontegoMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 2:13PM
When you heading out?

George
1975 Mercury Montego MX /351 M/
1986 Ford Crown Victoria /302/"5.0"
castillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 5:10AM
Can you see if there are any good used P/S inner wheel wells and good battery tray
My dad told me 2 things.. Always drive FORDS and never marry women with names like CHERRY,PEACHES and LEMON
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2009 at 5:41AM
I am kicking it around yet...no solid plans.
I need to make sure I have the bills paid before I spend more money for the '73 GTS...lol...stuff like the mortgage, etc.
Still need to get my Tabco 1/4's coming. Why I put myself through this crap I'll never understand!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 6:03AM
Change of plans, the situation with the Ranchero ended up not working out.

Would anyone be in need of parts off a '73 Formal roof Gran Torino?
Car will be minus the front clip {except hood, don't need it}, trunk lid and bumpers. I plan on saving the rear axle, and the front suspension for the rotors, but the rest would be fair game.
I am not in the mood to part it out, would prefer to see the shell go to someone who could use the parts instead of straight to a crusher.

I am planning on running out late next month {August} unless I find a donor car closer to Omaha.

Edited by Eliteman76 - 25-July-2009 at 6:51PM
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 10:07AM
Might be a good start point for the TorinoBird we talked about.
Or even some stuff for my current 72.

I just cannot store or pick anything up until Oct.
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 10:09AM
MIRRORS!
Door skins,
Quarters above the dish line
trunk lide and all the rear end stuff

I know I KNOW!
DAMN I NEED TO GET HOME!!!!

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 10:27AM
Any chance that you would part the rear bumper It looks about a thousand times better than mine  Thanks  Conard c1975gts@aol.com I am located in Brogue Pa 17309 and of course I would pay shipping and packaging charges
72sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 1:28PM
Andy
Send me the doors!  I need doors!
Tom
Tom
1972 Gran Torino Sport 4Spd
1974 Montego wagon "GT" with GT hood, correct buckets
seats, console, and floor shift
2013 Focus 5 speed- Daily driver
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2009 at 6:10PM
Ok Andy,

IF it comes down to it... BEFORE it goes to the crusher let me know...

With the decklid off, cut the rear in half, infront of the B pillars and high on the C pillars
Turning it in to 2 rear halves of the car to help use in the TorinoBird work.
That might help me rear half skin the Bird?

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2009 at 6:59PM
Carl-
On the torinobird, it's a hard call. For me, I need to physically lay the panels on the car before I can figure out how best to se how the panels would fit, etc.
I think the best plan honestly is to start with two brand new quarter panels...as long as the tbird isn't rotted in the wheel lips, it's about trying to make the car proportional, same deal, the door skins, it is a matter of sectioning in portions of the mid to top of the panel.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2009 at 7:01PM
Hey, post some pics of your torino in a new thread...I forgot, the Ranchero sitting next to the '73 formal roof, has the leftovers from a '72 GT ranchero. Maybe a donor for metal,
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2009 at 5:56AM
UPDATE:
After finally getting ahold of the guy at the farm, I am debating my options.
I have to go to Colorado to get 3 GTS worth of glass and trim from my buddy Steve.
There are at least three sets of the full laser stripe specific wheel lip moldings, and these are I am from memory thinking in great condition.
Shipping is a PITA on any of these moldings, but I will manage.
There are also the vinal top moldings, the weatherstrip moldings, dashes, wiring, it's a chunk of stuff.
That '73, the guy wants $600 for it. It's complete, engine, trans, interior, but it's a standard cluster, Gran Torino, but not a GTS. I don't know what the VIN was, but I think it was a 351c car, maybe a 400.
I don't recall specifically on the shape of the doors. I think they are solid, but I can't tell from the pictures.
I know the fenders are clean on it.
So it's a bit of a toss up, I know I could bring that one back and part it out, but I am trying to avoid the insanity of dragging home yet ANOTHER Torino to sit in the driveway.
This car would be a crash course in stripping.
I am going to throw this one out, one more time...Carl-
I know you are sort of interested in this, but I don't know if I would have a place to keep this thing...not for sure, anyways.

Damn, I need to find a winning lottery ticket, build a bunker and start a torino bank for needy gear heads.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2009 at 12:06PM
Andy,
I have to pass!
I REALLY NEED TO GET HOME!!!
Unless you are gonna cut off the rear quarter sections, the trunk and the rear end bumper area.

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2009 at 4:09PM
Well, I could probably rear clip the whole car. Don't know yet. Trying to find a place but I had a sort of emergency request from a buddy, I have to roll to Chicago next weekend to help him move back to Omaha.
Gonna be a long ext three weeks. 
1975MontegoMX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1975MontegoMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2009 at 4:21PM
Chicago!  If you have time Andy we should meet up.

George
1975 Mercury Montego MX /351 M/
1986 Ford Crown Victoria /302/"5.0"
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2009 at 11:08PM
Andy, rear halfing it would be GREAT!
along with the bumper stuff
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply