The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...4-door 73 Gran Torino parting out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galhetas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 9:03AM
hi paul

i could you help me out i`m restoring my 72 base model station an i need all the roofrail rubbers and the ones that kom on the doors ,also need the velvet seals that are against the side windows but it have to have chroom  piece also.
by the way how is the easyest way to remove the roof rail rubbers with out damage it.

take a look at my thread of my station en let me no if you have some ideas how am torino station should look like.

Thanks Ricardo
drive fast ,drive ford
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2009 at 3:05AM
Sent you a PM.

Paul~
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 2:19AM
Just wanted to put an end to this thread.  After completing stripping the 73 4DR for everthing I could pull off of it, I sent the rolling chassis to Enrique's house for the time being as my wife said, "Get that outa' here so I can get my car in the garage!"  Enrique and I cut the roof off, and the floor and trunk are still in place.  This is a rot free car (I wished I had had it when I needed a floor and trunk).  I've got potential buyers for the roof and floor, but the trunk is still available.   Here's a couple of photos of the floor.  Trunk is similar; just surface rust; no rot.  Let me know.  Paul~
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 1:06PM
You're killing me! Now I see this after I hacked up, cut up, ground up, and welded every piece of spare sheet metal I could find to repair my floorpans.
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 3:59AM
Man, I feel your pain.  I had to buy a 2 door 72 Torino just for the trunk and then a 76 wagon for the floor.  If I had had this car 2 year ago I could have saved myself thousands of dollars and about a years worth of time.  That's the main reason I don't want to just get rid of this beautiful sheet metal because it is just that nice and would really make a difference in someone's project.  Paul~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12