The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New pics of the '72 Torino Restomod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zack4949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2010 at 9:21AM
Autoloc has a universal 130 degree lambo kit my shop has ordered and will be installing. It's remote control also. http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=lambodoors
Brian
I also am installing the flame thrower unit from them also.
BBarnard
BackInBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackInBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2011 at 2:51AM
I'm new to the forums...
Just came across this thread.   Really nice setup.  Its near the same vision I have for my 1973 GTS. 

The thread states 18x11 rear wheels and I'm assuming 18/9 in the front...

What backspacing did you use to fit those wheels without rubbing?

-John
1973 GTS
Ron Earp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Earp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2011 at 2:58AM
Very cool, didn't see this thread before it was recently revived.
04 Ford Lightning
72 GTS BB Stroker & Toploader
98 Mustang ITS SCCA #38
08 Buell Ulysses
GT40s.com
71cougar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71cougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2011 at 5:09AM
really slick ride there, subtle and clean

jack
71 cougar
CheeseSteakJim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheeseSteakJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2011 at 3:24AM

I knew I'd heard about this car somewhere. I bet you're Brian Zoeller? I have a May 2010 issue of Popular Hot Rodding with your car on the cover and a story inside. What seats are in the car in the magazine? I love them.

Also, what springs/shocks did you go with?

EDIT: Found it on their website:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1005phr_1972_ford_torino/index.html

Edited by CheeseSteakJim - 18-January-2011 at 3:30AM
superroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2011 at 3:56AM
Beautiful fastback! very well done.  those buckets suit the interior really well.

love this shot:
Carl
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2011 at 5:08PM
Brian. I want your cup holder setup.
You know how many Saturdays I fumbled around local you-pull it yards looking for a cup holder I could sink into my console??
Still no luck.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
torinobry View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinobry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2011 at 5:29PM
that car is awesome very nice work
Hey Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hey Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2011 at 8:27AM
Thanks again guys for all the replies and compliments. 

Cheese Steak yes that is my car in PHR and you probably saw in the article the seats are Scat seats, which I like, but don't bother with their crappy seat mount adapters - they aren't even close to being right and I ordered the one specific to a '72 torino.

Eliteman that cupholder came out of a 2004 infiniti g35 coupe.  I had bought the infiniti new and it came with like an extra cupholder, or it was meant as an insert or something, so I just used it on my torino.  I drove my torino to a dragstrip that was 2 hours away and had no where to put my coke on that long drive so I immediately started looking at cupholder options.  Since my car is far from being original I had no hesitation in cutting a hole in the console for the cupholder.

I've had a lot of family issues so I haven't been posting on here for awhile but I have been checking in and reading the threads whenever time would allow.  I may be adding an air-ride suspension to my torino over the winter if funds allow. 
Torinogts73c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2011 at 9:09AM
Gotta tell ya the Torino is awesome!! Like that console set up, I have a cup holder set from a 2001 Mustang , that is my goal to cut my console and make it work.
Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

"Never complain Never explain" Henry Ford
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2011 at 9:20AM
Man. my console has a padded insert and I'm still debating doing this mod (the cupholder). 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
Hey Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hey Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2011 at 9:21AM
I was able to use some jb plastic weld on the cupholder and it worked great. 
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2011 at 4:08PM
I looked last weekend at a couple Ford Fusions, and I like the cup holder in those cars, but I want to set up with a sliding cover that is flush with the console when not in use.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Hey Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hey Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2011 at 3:11AM
That would be a very cool set-up with the sliding cover.  Let us know if you find something like that and post up pictures after you get it installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12