The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

73 Gran Torino in yard Northeast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 Gran Torino in yard Northeast
    Posted: 02-March-2010 at 3:00AM
Yesterday, I came across this 73 for sale at a yard about 25 miles from my house.  I took the pics with my cell.  Looks to have been there at least since last summer by the dead weeds around it. Its an "H" code car. Rad is missing. Extra parts inside. Body looks relatively good for being a Northeast car. Doors have rust bubbles. Has been painted. Roof is nice. No signs of any vinyl top ever. No one was there to talk to about it but the owner does not give stuff away.
If any one wants more info I'll take a trip back and snap some more pics, info and a price.     
Located near Bradley Airport in Winstead, Conn. at Stewarts Auto Parts.

Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2010 at 4:21AM
ha,another green Torino,whoda thunk,LOL
interceptor460 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interceptor460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2010 at 6:15AM
Here is something different for sale on ebay. Ebay item #320494436463, a 75 torino wagon. And yes its blue.
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 2:55AM
ron,saw this car this past fall. I was towing a car up that way when I came across it.the car was involved in an accident in the front line where it sits.some lady ran up the bank and pushed it over into the old car to its right.the guy I spoke to said either 12 0r 1500$ .I still had his business card from when I stopped,stewarts auto parts,route 44 barkhamsted ct.1-800-726-0871.I didn't get the chance to crawl over the car,but it is rough.hope this helps anyone interested.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 4:35AM
Originally posted by 72BlackGTS 72BlackGTS wrote:

No signs of any vinyl top ever.

that makes it a better candidate than the other 99% that had a vinyl rust inducer regardless of superficial body damage & normal rust along the lower areas

and no trim holes to fill either! 

still, look for rust at the lap seam below the upper hinge in the door jamb and in the cowl

Edited by Rockatansky - 17-April-2011 at 5:29AM
72 GT Ute

72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 5:18AM

I tried to look it over better when I was there but he had things parked so close you couldn't get in between them. Then the snow was up to the rockers and lower quarters so I couldn't see underneath it. I went over toward Bradley Airport a couple weeks ago and I saw it was still there in the same spot. Those pics are a year old now. 

Next time I'm over there I'll stop and take some more pics.
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 6:30AM
 yeah,your pix were taken before the accident,think it needs at least one fender,the guy I spoke with said he thought the frame may have been tweaked,but I don't know.for the money it's worth looking into.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2011 at 7:30AM
I called the place on that last year when Ron posted it up,   guy has dropped the price a bit since I talked to him,   told me over the phone $2500.00  that was close to a year ago now.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2011 at 6:00AM
Green w/red console.....Christmas edition?  LOL
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
CheeseSteakJim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheeseSteakJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2011 at 8:01AM

This is about 15 minutes from my house. My girlfriend told me last year that it was sitting out there, so I stopped and looked at the car and asked about it. Judging by the way all the front end panels are diagonal in relation to the hood (which no longer closes) the frame is DEFINITELY tweaked to the side, but the guy who was in charge of selling it wasn't in so they weren't able to give a price. I figured it'd be a good candidate for converting my Formal into a SportsRoof, since what I need for that is all still useable. Still keeping it in mind if it's around when I am ready to start that project.

Edited by CheeseSteakJim - 18-April-2011 at 8:02AM
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2011 at 8:52AM
the core support can move quite a bit before the frame does, the holes for the front bushing bolts are like 2" round and the bolts can be leaning on angle too
72 GT Ute

75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2011 at 9:43AM

Max,I know it got stuffed pretty hard to push it over into that older car.guess  ya'd have to get under it to know for sure.

John 75Gran Torino 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply