The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to Restore my LTD II.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
77LTDII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77LTDII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to Restore my LTD II.....
    Posted: 11-July-2004 at 9:43PM

Thanks dude.

There is another LTD II running around Town I see once in a while but I never can get a hold of the guy to talk to him.

Seems like there are very few people who own 77-79 LTD II's, Cougurs and T Birds but they all like them. I wish there was just more aftermarket and Replacement parts for them.

later,

Dustin

Sanitarium 73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanitarium 73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2004 at 10:01PM

Well, check the junkyards. It will take a long while, but could be worth it. The sad thing is, most late-70's fords in the junkyards are in nicer condition than the ones still on the road...And also, if you see anyone driving one, just casually ask them about parts. They may have a bunch of good parts to get rid of, or better yet, may know of a good supplier! Hope this helps man, good luck!

Jim

77LTDII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77LTDII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2004 at 5:57AM

I got the paintjob on...now im just looking for a new front seat, new carpet, and possibly a new rear bumper. Why the hell is it so hard to find parts for 77-79 Ford Midsizes? Ive looked for Tbird, Cougur, LTD II, everything, and I seem to find nothing.

Anyone have any good places to look?

later,

Dustin

Post Reply Post Reply