The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Official "Pics of my car" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2010 at 1:22AM
Steve, there is a Torino that looks just like yours in downtown louisville that I saw today. Ridin High and sporting 22" rims. Not quite what I like but another Torino none the less.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Ranchero72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2010 at 3:43AM

My 72

'72 Ford Ranchero 500
-351C C4
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 11:24AM
Ok people , I am just trying again to post pics but going by the directions in the "how to post pics " from "photo-bucket " so forgive me if they turnout SNAFU or FUBAR

1973 Q code sports roof
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 1:13PM
Right so I am totally illiterate ( and very ugly too ) and for the sake off saving your sanity this is the last time I will try to post pics direct  
1973 Q code sports roof
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 3:09PM
That thing is low and looks good Kenneth!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 5:38PM
I posted pics of my 72 GTS in this thread when I first bought it but now look at it,LOL

got some new rear tires free

ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 5:43PM
rrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's so beautiful, i love your place, even the sky looks magic Thumbs Up
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 6:06PM
Originally posted by cowboyupdjcarl cowboyupdjcarl wrote:

That thing is low and looks good Kenneth!

Thanks Carl , I believe its the factory ride hight at the rear due to I haven't touched it , but the front I have done some work too and have NO rubbing issues thankfully , I committed the ultimate sin and one and a half chop on the springs gave me this front hight , the only issue is the headers / extractors grind on the odd speed hump / bump , bloody flange things sit so low , I have to use two jacks to jack the front end , one to offer enough room to get the bigger one further in to jack on the main cross-member .
1973 Q code sports roof
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 6:08PM
Jeff you really need to get squirt of paint on that girl
1973 Q code sports roof
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 6:15PM
yah well first I have to deal with the surface rust. I have phoshoric acid on it now which leaves a residue so it don't flash rust in the garage. need to finsih stripping the paint then figure out what to do about the surface rust and how to get it off the metal. here is a photo of the rust I have to fix on the back quarter lip on my car so I'm still on topic as I included a photo,hehe

not sure if you can make out the surface rust in this photo. I guess I didn't upload the close ups

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 7:27PM
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 6:15PM
Yeah nice BIG yard Jeff, room for more cars!!! 
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Standard Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 6:21PM
since we're not suppose to fill this thread with idle chit chat and off topic conversation I have edited my reply and posted another photo since photos are on topic,LOL

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 6:40PM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2010 at 6:26PM
kenneth your car looks good hope my 73 GTS I got from Andy looks as good as that some day.

Uante, I do have a good size yard for cars but that isn't mine in those photo's that is the neighbors side of the property.
but I do have room for this when I can get it here

it will get parked next to this my first Torino I bought last year

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 7:43PM
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 1:34AM
jeff, you may try some of that evapo-rust solution on your surface rust issues. that stuff seems to work well. otherwise its looking good.
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 6:07AM
another photo of the GTS. this is why the 72 GTS looks so mean. the front profile is awesome.undecided to paint the bumpers body color or get some good chrome ones. the car will be midnight blue which looks almost black and with it it black primer it gave me the notion to possibly paint them body color

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 6:51PM
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 9:48AM
73 prostreettorino I love those cragar ss rims, they look good and old style. I want some for my 68 fastback mustang. Kenneth your 73 looks clean, the hubcaps look great on your car, they didn't look so much on my 72.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 10:23AM
dog dish hubcaps look good on some Torino's and not others I guess it depends on the color of the car. I'm not big on the Cragar SS rims anymore,thinking of maybe 17's for front and 18's on back like HeyZ's car but different rims. either that or 15's cause these are 14's and they gotta go. the 14's don't fill the wheel wells,I can go bigger tire but bigger rims make it easier to fill the whole. see how much room is left.

also have room for 10 in wide rim as the drum is showing on the inside

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 7:07PM
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 10:39AM
I myself love 15" rims. Old skool is cool. If you use 17" make sure they fill the fender well. I have seen too many old cars with rims and tires that do not fill the fender wells, mostly old notchback mustangs. Not a good look, like tubbed cars that rearends are cut too short. Just a personal preference but I like lots of tire.

Edited by antlerfiend - 21-June-2010 at 9:30AM
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 2:45PM

I can't wait to do something here as this engine compartment needs alot of attention.

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 6:58PM
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 4:36PM
LET'S STAY ON TOPIC...Angry

So much has been said about staying on topic the site has been changed to accomodate.
So let's help keep pinned threads PURE!
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 6:21PM
Sorry we got bored waiting for the next person to post a photo so we could droll over it. I fixed mine and added photos so now i'm on topic as this is a photo thread so as long as I have a photo included i'm good,LOL
here's another just so i'm still on topic

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 20-June-2010 at 7:16PM
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 11:21PM
looking good!
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
74torinoelite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74torinoelite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-July-2010 at 2:54PM
my PROJECT 1974 gran torino elite, 
albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2010 at 6:09AM

Edited by albo74 - 01-October-2010 at 12:12AM
albos73gts
nckruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nckruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2010 at 10:25AM
My 73 torino the day I picked her up. And yes the first thin I did was take those red wipers off!!!

Edited by nckruddy - 25-July-2010 at 10:28AM
SininenIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SininenIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2010 at 8:46PM
Hi. I haven´t been very active on this forum lately. Same thing with my Gran Torino project. Well, it´s drivable, still in need for a new paint job, and the C6 prepped.

Here´s the Gran Torino in the garage, which it shares with ´69 Fury convertible, ´58 Pontiac chieftain, ´71 Chrysler Newport 4d, ´98 Vette and ´71 VW bus (not my cars).

Rear view:

Someone took this pic of me arriving to a car meet two weeks ago:

Engine, 351C:

-Aatu

Edited by SininenIII - 28-July-2010 at 8:47PM
Aatu
73 Gran Torino Sport

Galvestontorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galvestontorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2010 at 2:50AM
the engine looks great.... also did you take off your front bumper extensions...the two crome bumper additions to help in a crash ... i think first added in 72 or 73

mine are still on and Im thinking of removing!
79 ltd II All green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79 ltd II All green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2010 at 5:25AM
man i love the sppliance wheels on the 74 torino above
SininenIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SininenIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2010 at 7:56PM
Originally posted by Galvestontorino Galvestontorino wrote:

the engine looks great.... also did you take off your front bumper extensions...the two crome bumper additions to help in a crash ... i think first added in 72 or 73
 mine are still on and Im thinking of removing!

Thanks! Someone of the previous owners took off the bumper guards.  I think it doesn´t matter if you have the guards or not in a case of crash, the front bumpers of these ´73s (and ´74>up)are very sturdy. Sure the guards will handle the smaller bumps, and save the crome. Your bumper seems to have very nice crome. I like the white colour of your car!
Aatu
73 Gran Torino Sport

twintornados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2010 at 11:21PM
  Here is a "before" photo of mine...once she is out of the shop, I will snap some pictures and post 'em here as well as my other thread...

Sold the Elite so now the hunt is on for my next "toy"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>