The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...anyone really good with photoshop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...anyone really good with photoshop?
    Posted: 20-September-2010 at 3:00AM

Anyone really good with photoshop?  I'm debating whether or not to put a lazer stripe on Old Lazarus and rather than buy the stripe and then decide I don't like it, I was planning on having a mock up made and trying it on, but Pete suggested photoshopping it instead, but I don't have any idea how to begin.  Anyway, if anyone has the skills and would like to help out, here's the most recent photo.  Also below is a black car with the stripe, but it's kinda' small and only from one angle.  Thanks in advance. P~ Big smile

3/4 view

side view

lazar stripe on black car

Edited by picon3 - 20-September-2010 at 3:47AM
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 4:17AM

You won't find a better pic than that one. (I had the same pic in one of my postsLOL) There are a couple of guys on the TorinoCobra forum with Photoshop. Phil is one.

Jim

Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 5:45AM
Not photshop, but...
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 6:42AM
THATS FUNNY CH!T ANDY!

Not sure about a lazer stripe without the wheel well moldings.
Not saying it won't be good just think if it stops short of the wrap into the well it could look funny.
Maybe a 73 lazer stipe, the one over top of the wheel well.
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 8:08AM
Originally posted by Eliteman76 Eliteman76 wrote:

Not photshop, but...

I actually like that yellow stripe. Need it on the front fender too, but it don't look too bad.
Jim

73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 8:48AM
This is the best I could do without photoshopWink
Jim

picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 9:15AM
Originally posted by cowboyupdjcarl cowboyupdjcarl wrote:

THATS FUNNY CH!T ANDY!

Not sure about a lazer stripe without the wheel well moldings.
Not saying it won't be good just think if it stops short of the wrap into the well it could look funny.
Maybe a 73 lazer stipe, the one over top of the wheel well.

I hadn't thought about how the lazer stripe ends just before the edges of the wheel well molding.   It always seems to come back to the wheel well molding.  The wheel well molding.  Wheel well molding.  Wheel molding.  Molding.  ...olding ...ding ...g Confused 
Gazoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 3:13PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose Photoshop skills are, um, "limited."
Smile
72 GranTorino "rat wagon" 351C, a work in progress

69 Mustang Mach 1, 351w, Borg Warner T5, rack & pinion steering, fuel injected
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 5:14PM
Oh, I could do better, but I was on my lunch...er, well sort of on my lunch...after my lunch...screwed off on the computer, saw the post, and was like...oh, oh, time to have stupid fun.

Honestly, since I am now on my Imac at home, I have yet to mess with any of the imaging software I spent so much money on...Ermm

kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2010 at 5:49PM

Andrew NAILED it , run with that Paul Cool

1973 Q code sports roof
Classicfitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Classicfitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2010 at 1:56PM
Maybe this can gives you a general idea.  I did it to visualize what stripes would look like on my car.

I am staying with the trims, but I think the sripes would look fantastic on your black GTS though!!!

Edited by Classicfitness - 21-September-2010 at 1:56PM
'72 GTS 351-4b Gold Glow

'75 Elite 400 Polar White

My car blog: www.fordtorino72.blogspot.com

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 5:34AM
I had spent some time around a year ago debating how I wanted the GTS to look. I blame this one on the David Pearson Wood Brother's Montego.

And after way too much time...
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2010 at 8:16AM
1973 Q code sports roof
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2010 at 10:58AM
Originally posted by kenneth kenneth wrote:

Here is another stripe for you to consider Paul

Interesting!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2010 at 2:43PM
I know the wheel mell mouldings are made of Unobtanium,  its a shame.   I have a feeling if you went with the laser stripe you'd be happy with it.   but everybody's assuming red/yellow. I did see a white/blue strip on a black car once.  It was cool.
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2010 at 3:02PM
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2010 at 3:07PM
Shouldn't it be blue to white? Or is that stripe on the wrong side?LOL
Jim

ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2010 at 3:15PM
yea actually it should be. You can see i flipped his car horizontally by the cropping i did.  then i designed it, but it flipped back and i didnt catch it i was so busy filling in the wheelwells!
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2010 at 3:25PM

They go faster backwards anyway Wacko

1973 Q code sports roof
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2010 at 3:13AM
I gave it 20 minutes, I couldn't get the GRAN TORINO Sport lettering in, because I can't figure out how to rotate the text box after I put it in. But I'll work on that later. Here's what I came up with:

Created in Ubuntu 10.04 with GIMP 2.6 and the wonderful filled gradient tool. I did kinda screw up the marker lenses, I filled over them and had to paint them back in with a round brush and I think the red one is too far forward. Oh well.

Edited by occupant - 27-September-2010 at 3:17AM
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2010 at 4:56AM
Wow!  I really like this white to blue combination.  I'm guessing I'd have to have one made or does someone offer this?  Very cool, and thanks for taking the time.  Paul~
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2010 at 6:47AM

white to blue was an option, someone should make it repro.

-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2010 at 9:37AM
When I was sixteen I had a 1975 Cutlass Supreme sedan. I traced pics out of National Geographic ad for the '75 Cutlass and went to town copying them over and over. Why? I didn't want to bother a teacher's aid to make copies of line car drawings for me. Then I went to town on stripe designs. My final product was the same blue as my car (Corvette Medium Blue, a '74-only color) then it had thin blue pinstripes up the ridges on the hood, thick white stripes down the rockers and carrying over thinly on the wheel lips, "444" badges instead of "442", and "Supremacy" in large letters across the top of the windshield. I also went with white grille inserts, white bumpers, white Olds Rally wheels, white letter tires, white vinyl interior, and white trim on the taillights, window surrounds, and headlight bezels. It was sick but I never got past the "get it barely running and scare your friends with the wallowy handling" stage. Cosmetically the only thing I did to the car was place about 300 small produce and cents-off stickers across the inside of the windshield, stuff I gathered from work at a grocery. Every time I saw I sticker I didn't have, I'd get one. Went all the way across 2 or 3 high. The guy who bought that Olds from me said he'd keep them on there just because it would take too danged long to remove them.

Blue and white are good on cars. As much as I profess to like charcoal grays and black, if you look at all the cars I've owned, they've been primarily white or blue, and third place is maroon.

Edited by occupant - 27-September-2010 at 9:40AM
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2010 at 5:07PM
Originally posted by Eliteman76 Eliteman76 wrote:

I still like the PICON Super Pursuit Special...
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2010 at 5:19PM
There's something about it that just kicks assEvil Smile
Jim

picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2010 at 3:06AM

Andy,

Hard to beat the "Eat Me Chevy Boy" call out on the sides.  LOL Called Graphix Express and they said they can make anything out of 3M product.  Big smile P~

kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2010 at 9:25AM

Now how are you going to get the “streamers” out the back of the rear window and the “glow” from the woman attracter on the roof Big smile

1973 Q code sports roof
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2010 at 10:59AM
I wish I knew something about Photoshop. Looks like you all are having all the fun. I like the white to blue stripes second best, all black is Sweeeet.Thumbs Up
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2010 at 2:20PM
If you were local I'd show you. It's fun to use all the tools. I'm a GIMP person myself, refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a program when Linux repository packages are free and open source.

I'm so amazed how nicely this computer runs on Ubuntu. I didn't think Linux distros had come this far. I feel this 10.04 version is BETTER than Windows 7. When I installed 7 on my wife's computer it took 3 hours or so to get everything working. It took me 10 minutes to be online with this laptop with Ubuntu. I'm not going back.

Anyhow, image programs are easy. If you want a stepping stone to Photoshop, there's an online image program called Splashup. You go to Splashup.com and you upload your image and then you can resize it, stretch it around, add text, do whatever. It's a good way to learn how to manipulate images the way you want. Then when you get a better program like Gimp or Photoshop, you'll get floored by the usefulness of all the tools and such.
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2011 at 8:50AM
I've decided to spend the money and get the lazer stripe before the September show.  Can someone with a factory installed lazer stripe give me an idea of where it goes.  It appears to be along the body line, but if someone has measurements, that would be cool.  Paul~
 Post Reply Post Reply