The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need photos of 429 pulley set up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 12:27PM
ok figured out a way for people to see my engine.go to photobucket.com and search jeffscustompaint then click on jeffscustompaints albums,go to sub albums and click on My 72 GTS.There are a few shots of the engine on there towards the back of that album.My account is public so anyone can view,no password needed.if someone wants to copy the engine pics and post here would be appreciated.
lilpanther View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 12:39PM
Ok, I will post your picture's in just a minute. Here we go.

Edited by lilpanther - 08-November-2010 at 12:41PM
orlnslloyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orlnslloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 12:59PM
I bet this is your dampener/pulley. C8VE-6316-A2 See the rubber ring in it?

Edited by orlnslloyd - 08-November-2010 at 1:01PM
'72, GTSFB, 460, C6, 3.70
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 2:12PM
yah,hey i'm just learning these old 429's.only owned one other big block Ford and it was a 460 in a 74 F100,all other Fords have been 351C 2v or 302,351w.glad you were here to help.Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 2:17PM
only difference is mine is 3 groove dampner pulley.This musta come out of an A/C car.     Any help with a single groove pulley for the waterpump,I need to know what to get after I get the short water pump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orlnslloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 2:41PM
Originally posted by 73 ProStreetTorino 73 ProStreetTorino wrote:

only difference is mine is 3 groove dampner pulley.This musta come out of an A/C car.     Any help with a single groove pulley for the waterpump,I need to know what to get after I get the short water pump

Single might not exist. How many of those old Lincolns didn't have air? If I were doing this, I would keep the pump, update the dampener along with the pulleys. Bet the rubber in yours is pretty worn out anyway.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 3:21PM
well right now just looking to band aid so I can drive it up to start of Power Tour in June after that I might take the body off and rebuild the chassis and drivetrain so I can update it later.Any tips on what dampner and crank pulley.will the newer style bolt to the existing crank?I have no clue when it comes to these engines.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orlnslloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 4:18PM
If ya had a short pump, would your pulleys work? The one in my pic is for sale. It is rebuilt, got 2 of them.
Yes, the newer dampener and pulleys will bolt to your crank. If ya stay with that pump, I would get a set from a junker. Too many combos for me to know what ya need.

Edited by orlnslloyd - 08-November-2010 at 4:22PM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 4:33PM
I believe the short pump and my pulley will then line up with the crank pulley.If they don't have single pulley wp then rather have a 2 groove but right now just want to get it drivable.That short pump is rebuilt?how much?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orlnslloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2010 at 6:58PM

I believe the short pump and my pulley will then line up with the crank pulley.If they don't have single pulley wp then rather have a 2 groove but right now just want to get it drivable.That short pump is rebuilt?how much?

Yes, I have 2 of them that are rebuilt. I would take $25 for one. I don't know what it weighs right now. Might not be worth it with shipping. I am in Indiana 47452. Where are you?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 7:19AM
I'm in Florida 34990,Thing is NAPA has to ship one in from New Mexico,Cali or a few other places out west,none available on the entire east coast so I have to pay shipping anyway.shouldn't be no worse then the two mag wheels I had shipped.I would be interested as the rebuilt is cheaper and it may not stay on the motor after I rebuild it if I go with modern dampner and pulleys.Who rebuilt the pump?and what was done to it?do you have PayPal?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orlnslloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 9:23AM

I'm in Florida 34990,Thing is NAPA has to ship one in from New Mexico,Cali or a few other places out west,none available on the entire east coast so I have to pay shipping anyway.shouldn't be no worse then the two mag wheels I had shipped.I would be interested as the rebuilt is cheaper and it may not stay on the motor after I rebuild it if I go with modern dampner and pulleys.Who rebuilt the pump?and what was done to it?do you have PayPal?

Left-over stock that I bought from a dealership. It has a new pipe for the connection to the intake, blasted and painted housing, new bearing-seal and shaft, impeller looks to be a blasted and cleaned used one. Radiator hose connection is very nice, no pitting at all.
 Yup, I have PayPal, orlnslloyd@aol.com. The shipping for the pump  is about $16.00. Do ya want it? I got a few better pics too.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 10:49AM
yah i'll take it off your hands,thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orlnslloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 11:17AM
Cool.  I am gonna go ahead and box it up. Make sure the address in PayPal is the correct one ya want it shipped to. I will tell ya a tracking # and when I get it sent off. Will be by U.P.S.
John.

Edited by orlnslloyd - 09-November-2010 at 11:18AM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12