The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pic of 72 GTS 351ci 4V Ram Air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pic of 72 GTS 351ci 4V Ram Air
    Posted: 29-January-2006 at 4:48AM

Somebody asked for this picture, hope it helps.

corder13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corder13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2006 at 2:18PM

That was me that asked for it.  Thanks!  Is the yellow and white stuff around it a seal?  If it's not too much to ask, do you have a picture of what the underside of the hood looks like with the ducts on it?

Rick

GranTorinoMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2006 at 9:34AM

Disregard the yellow spots, my scanner added them to the picture for some reason. I'm not sure if the 72 GTS ever came with ducts attached to the hood. My car didn't come with the Ram Air option however it did come with grills in the hoodscoops with block-off plates attached behind the grills to prevent any water or debris from getting on the engine. The Ram Air system for the 72 Torino was delivered in the trunk for dealer installation. This Ram Air setup has a single large vacuum motor located on the top of the air cleaner. The motor is activated by throttle movement. The hoodscoops are always open with this type of Ram Air. If you look at the left side of the Ram Air top plate, you can see a rubber hose for drainage.       

concrete cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concrete cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2006 at 3:57PM

IS THAT A 4 SPEED CAR ? DO YOU WANT TO SELL ? HOW MUCH ?

THANKS TOM.

mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 3:03AM

there was no duct work.  the large seal surround it in the picture is what sealed it to the hood.

Mike

corder13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corder13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2006 at 3:11AM

Ok, I got it.  :)  Thanks guys.

Rick

Post Reply Post Reply