The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ranchero help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ranchero help
    Posted: 02-January-2012 at 6:45AM
oooooooooooooooooo, man that is sweeeet. Same color combo but the stripe will be metalflake.
75 Ranchero in progress
04 Harley Deuce stage one kit
89 Toyota pickup modded
09 Scion XB (bought for the ol' lady) buy American! (sorry)
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2011 at 6:21AM
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2011 at 7:45AM
Originally posted by Dan the ranchero man Dan the ranchero man wrote:

Sound pretty cool I would like to see that color. my 74 has the factory med blue metallic (3B code)

Can I see some pics of that?
75 Ranchero in progress
89 Toyota pickup modded
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2011 at 3:14AM
Sounds nice. I had a dark blue '72 GT and a sliver/black graphics '77 GT. Those were fine trucks, and wish I had never sold them.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2011 at 2:22PM
Sound pretty cool I would like to see that color. my 74 has the factory med blue metallic (3B code)
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2011 at 8:08AM
I will be hollering at you soon myself. I have a 75 Ranchero. It's never going to be a show car, but it's going to run well. Hopefully I'll have it back from the engine builders before X-mas. I will, however, eventually do the interior and paint it meeself, hehe. Thinking about a candy blue with a metal-flake GT stripe, eh?
75 Ranchero in progress
89 Toyota pickup modded
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2011 at 3:00PM
Hans61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2011 at 10:08PM
Hi all, I own a 74 Ranchero, located in Hamburg, Germany. I bought it from a friend in September who did most of the restauration. Thanks Dan for offering your help. Has anyone an idea, where I can get carpets and  automot. door sill panels (hope this is the correct englisch word :)  )
Thanks
Hans

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2011 at 11:01PM
Originally posted by Capn Al 72 Capn Al 72 wrote:

Hi Dan, I have a 72 Ranchero and recently joined this forum. I REALLY like the idea of a montego front clip on a 73 up Ranchero. I wouldn't mess with my 72 that way, but I certainly would try it on a newer one. Let us know what, if anything needs to change, or is it a straight front clip replacement? I got my plate full right now with just updating the interior of my 72. Door window glass, sealing it up, insulating, and replacing dash pad, getting the (lower) dash repainted, and  changing colors from dark blue to black, installing a set of lincoln mark VIII black leather seats, insulating as much as possible, and replacing carpet. I have a rust-free Nevada car, but some of the a/c & heat ducts have been falling apart (probably due to Las Vegas heat), so I'll see what the damage is when I get into that area. Any suggestions on what to look for would be helpful. I'll have to get photos when I get it done.
    Best of luck on your rides, and keep up the good work!     Al 

Al First off I used the 77-79 ranchero for this swap. This is the ONLY ranchero from the 72-79 platform that you can easily swap multipile car front ends. The reason is because this model follows the Montego body lines. Others that would work as well are the 74-76 elite/74-79 cougar/73-76 montego/77-79 t-bird. The Torino based ranchero 72-76 follows its own bodyline pattern and you are limited to staying within the Torino sheetmetal for any swaps. The 73 Montego front clip for the most part was a bolt on application. There where only two holes I had to slightly longate (Top fender closest to windsheild) and the original hood stops on the cowel from the 77 body have to be removed because they will interfere with the hood hinges when closing.   
Capn Al 72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capn Al 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2011 at 10:01PM
Hi Dan, I have a 72 Ranchero and recently joined this forum. I REALLY like the idea of a montego front clip on a 73 up Ranchero. I wouldn't mess with my 72 that way, but I certainly would try it on a newer one. Let us know what, if anything needs to change, or is it a straight front clip replacement? I got my plate full right now with just updating the interior of my 72. Door window glass, sealing it up, insulating, and replacing dash pad, getting the (lower) dash repainted, and  changing colors from dark blue to black, installing a set of lincoln mark VIII black leather seats, insulating as much as possible, and replacing carpet. I have a rust-free Nevada car, but some of the a/c & heat ducts have been falling apart (probably due to Las Vegas heat), so I'll see what the damage is when I get into that area. Any suggestions on what to look for would be helpful. I'll have to get photos when I get it done.
    Best of luck on your rides, and keep up the good work!     Al 
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2011 at 3:53PM
Great addition to the forum. 

Met a guy recently with a 1972 Ranchero.  Will try to get some photos and post.  He's an older guy and not interested in computers, but I suggested that we get some photos together of our cars and he was cool with that. 

1972 Ranchero/351-2V/FMX/red with 74 burgundy interior.  Paul~
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2011 at 3:04PM
Hi Dan!
72 GT Ute

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2011 at 3:01PM
Great addition Scott.Ranchero's from 72-76 are Torino based and share alot in common but this will make the Ranchero owners feel at home knowing they have a forum section dedicated specifically for the Ranchero. I know there is another Ranchero forum but there are alot of out Torino owners who also own a Ranchero so it is great that we can support them too and hope more owners will start to frequent this site also.Welcome to all Ranchero owner,glad to have you on the forum
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2011 at 2:33PM
Just noticed the expansion. Rock on.

Not much to look at. It's just a parts chaser for the Torino.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2011 at 11:04AM
Dan, thank you for the offer. I am glad you are here, as you noticed I have added a specific area for Rancheros. We have quite a few Ranchero owners here, so I hope this forum grows with time!
Scott Eklund

Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2011 at 10:51AM
Hello everyone I have owned a 74 ranchero for the past 30 years and have done a frame off on this car. I have owned a 79 ranchero for 24 years and have done the same and modified it to look like a 73 montego. I have been around these for quite a while and I have also had two 74 gran torinos a 75 Montego and a 77 T-bird. So if anyone needs help with the 72-79 ranchero please don't be afraid to ask I would like to help out if I can. Take care Dan    
 Post Reply Post Reply