The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for RPM Tach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69TorinoI.P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for RPM Tach
    Posted: 26-April-2006 at 6:09AM
I am glad I found this site.  I just got back from overseas in the military and now have time to tweak my 69 Ford Torino GT.  I have been looking for a RPM tach and just missed out on one on Ebay.  I know that it would go in the hole where the clock is but I just cannot seem to find one anywhere.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
69GT428CJRAMAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69GT428CJRAMAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 4:22PM
I just saw one on ebay a few days ago.  I would just search 1969 Torino.........and review the listings.  Seem to pop up often.
LightningFast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningFast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 5:09AM

Finding a Tach is one thing....and I have a NOS one in the box.  The issue is having the instrument panel that will support the Tach.

Let's say that I found out the hard way....after I purcahsed a TACH...and the OEM Clock too.

1968 Torino GT Fastback
351W 4V W/C4
69GT428CJRAMAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69GT428CJRAMAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 6:47AM
Well, I would watch ebay, I'm sure you already know that.  If you watch long enough.....it seems good stuff will pop up.  I have found many hard to find parts in great condition there...........but have bought junk too hoping it was better (cloudy pics!).  Well, I figure I can always unload them again on ebay for someone just looking for the part and maybe not in near perfect condition.
LightningFast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningFast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 10:03AM

I've had a lot of good fortune in regards to E-bay.   I bought my 1968 Torino GT Fastback on E-bay....but the car was just a few miles across the border in South Carolina and I did get to see it before I started bidding on it.  That was a major plus when you take into account the age of these cars.

Regarding parts for the car...E-bay has been a God-Send.  I'm a 3rd Shifter..and E-bay allows for some shopping from work at times.  Sure..I've likely over-paid on an item or two...but nobody forced me to bid...so I can't really complain.

My car was a Charlotte , N.C. DSO code...and Charlotte is home.

My 1968 is a factory 302 car...No A/C and it came with an FMX with a column shift...No Frills to be certain.  When I got the car...someone along the way had dropped a 351C 2V in it...and it was sour as hell due to mushroomed lifters.  No Biggee...as the 351C is coming out and being saved for a future 1971-73 Mach 1 project.

Thanks in great part to E-bay...My bare bones 68 is going to have a Factory Console with a factory floor shifter...a beefier suspension from R-Code 428 cars...and power steering and brakes too.

My 351W that I'm building has been largely sourced via E-bay...and in every case the parts have been sourced cheaper via E-bay.

The FMX is being shelved in favor of a modified C4 that I've had built...the C4 will be a weight savings and will allow fitment of Long Tube headers.

1968 Torino GT Fastback
351W 4V W/C4
 Post Reply Post Reply