The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aftermarket wiring harness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodaforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket wiring harness
    Posted: 09-January-2012 at 1:47PM
Any leads on an aftermarket wiring harness that would suit the 73 GTS?

Most of the aftermarket setups I've looked at are so universal that I have concerns with things such as light switch and column connections.

I figured someone here may have replaced theirs already in restoration and I'm hoping for some feedback.

Thanks!
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2012 at 4:12PM
as far as i know there is no aftermarket set up for our cars.      if you want to re do it   you just have to do it yourself and cut and splice in connectors 
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
Yodaforce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodaforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2012 at 4:33PM
Lol. Figures, considering NO ONE seems to make anything for the 73. LOL

Just thought I'd try before going through with it. I'm looking at an EZ Wiring setup that runs about $175 or so. Basic large fuse panel with 12 circuits. I just need to replace the stocker so it matches and performs better (than the old glass fuses) with the high dollar Ron Francis Telorvek engine management harness I'm wiring in. 
Grande Verde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grande Verde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2012 at 5:56PM
I used the EZ mini 20 on a jeep project a few years back. It was great. I would deffinitly recomend it
Harry
72 GTS 351W
02 F-350 7.3 PSD
woodpecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodpecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2012 at 12:25AM
I recently did a rewire of the engine compartment on my 72 GTS.  I found the main harness on Ebay after checking in there for a few months.  Also found some detailed wire schematics there.  I have a 70amp alternator and ended up getting my alternator wire harness from CJ Pony.  It was made for a 72 Mustang but with a little lengthening of the wires it worked perfectly.  I'm not to good with schematics and it took some time to figure it all out.  But now everything is working as it should.  That was my first rewire of an engine compartment...... and hopefully my last.  Did I mention that I hate wireing?
1972 Gran Torino Sport, fastback, bright red, 429
1924 Ford Model T, Tudor
1977 Lincoln Mark V
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix Convertible
1948 Buick Super Sedanette
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2012 at 12:13PM
Here is the only thing I have seen. Not a direct replacement.

For the Money, the ISIS system is pretty neat with multiple blocks, but damn $$$

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Yodaforce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodaforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2012 at 12:17PM
That's exactly like the EZwiring "mini" fuse kit found all over the internet for $130. 

Maybe not with Ford specific wiring color coding, but in general it looks to be the same. 

I believe I will go with the EZwiring  12 standard kit for $170. 
 Post Reply Post Reply