The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official Photo's of Car's you Scrapped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Photo's of Car's you Scrapped
    Posted: 24-January-2012 at 3:01PM
Psquare had a good idea to change the name of this thread and make it an Official thread
of car's we have parted out and scrapped. Post your photo's of cars you have parted out,cut up or junked

Edited by Regul8r - 04-January-2013 at 4:44AM
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2012 at 3:07PM
Woah, the last pic shows a lot of the internal structure of the car. Fascinating.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2012 at 3:54PM
damn, I should have bought from you some sheet metal
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2012 at 3:57PM
had no way to get it north.I saved some stuff for my 72 GTS the stuff I scrapeed ws pretty much rotted
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 5:13AM
Welcome to the club Jeff. I've been slicing and dicing these cars since I was able to drive.
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 5:51AM
felt bad scraping some pieces but couldn't store the whole car body.didn't get squat for the metal
but had no way of hauling any of it North thanks to U haul not renting trailer to Explorer's
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 6:22AM
Well, trust me, I went through this with my last Elite I had.

I missed selling my old Red Elite. Went to Michigan to a guy that owned 7 of them.

And when I strip a car...I strip a car.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
shanefolsom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanefolsom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 6:54AM
Yeah, I agree sometimes they have to be used for parts.
This is the ranchero I bought last spring for some parts.  It was too far gone with rust IMO, so cut it up and scraped what I couldnt sell.

and then after

even the rear and bed parts were removed...

Then the rest to the scrap yard in my trailer

Most of the parts are already sold
1976 Gran Torino Limited #1
1976 Gran Torino Limited #2
1973 Gran Torino Sport
1969 Roadrunner
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 7:21AM
Love the military trailer, we have one just like it.

I don't like having to scrap them either, but sometimes they get to live on in other cars. There was hardly anything left of the brown GTS after other forum members and I pilfered what we needed, and I'm getting ready to do the '75 GTS the same way - and it runs and drives.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 1:06PM
ouah, Andy is not kidding with a cut off wheel. My buddy wants me to cut the gts and get another one with the money. I called the owner, texted, no news, that sucks
73 GT Sport 429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 GT Sport 429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 1:34PM
Originally posted by ilyes ilyes wrote:

ouah, Andy is not kidding with a cut off wheel. My buddy wants me to cut the gts and get another one with the money. I called the owner, texted, no news, that sucks

You have been selling parts off a car you don't own?
Mark

original owner-93 Lightning
73 Gran Torino Sport 429 (prodigal son)
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 1:48PM
I own it halfway. The wife's owner don't find the registration. When the car went for auction, the insurance didn't bother looking for the keys or paperwork.

There's a lot of talking about the papers. I'm trying my best to get them from the wife's owner, but if she can't find them, I can't create them. What do you want me to do, I'm not gonna give the car back because of that, and I don't want to cut it, I can't, it would kill me to saw a fastback, even if it's rusty

Edited by ilyes - 30-January-2012 at 1:50PM
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 3:55PM
Kinda reminds me of my POS I had way back

1973 Q code sports roof
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 3:56PM
Some more --

1973 Q code sports roof
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 4:03PM

Back in the day when I first got it, and before I striped it.

See how proud I am, then take a look at the passengers handle and how much work I had ahead of me.

SO happy I imported the 73 Banana.

1973 Q code sports roof
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 5:47PM

I own it halfway. The wife's owner don't find the registration. When the car went for auction, the insurance didn't bother looking for the keys or paperwork.

There's a lot of talking about the papers. I'm trying my best to get them from the wife's owner, but if she can't find them, I can't create them. What do you want me to do, I'm not gonna give the car back because of that, and I don't want to cut it, I can't, it would kill me to saw a fastback, even if it's rusty

ANOTHER... WOW!!
Shaking my head in utter disgust right now!Censored
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 8:56PM

ok let me at it I'll cut it for you, i just got a new sawzall in Florida to cut up the red 73>
I know exactly  how to cut them and make a pile of scrapLOL
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 1:37AM

My Elite  at the end. Sold to a guy who wanted the floors and trunk floor. Friend in picture for scale, lol.
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 2:12AM
BUTCHERS...the whole lot of you!!

Just kidding. Some must die so others may live. And so it goes.

I've cut up my share of Torinos (3) too but I never documented them. That way there was NO PROOF that I did it!!

Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 5:06AM
I'm coming to get that GTS ilyes watch outLOL
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 9:30AM
ilyes,   ill give you scrap value for everything that is left,  i will take it all with out any paper work.  wont even blink,   seriously think about it before you cut it up,   offer only stands if the car is whole.  as it is right now with out anything ore cut off or sold off.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 9:59AM
Ilyes, if you do sell that to Kevin, I may have something new here at the house that you can use to catch your dream. Hint...they built one on the Speed channel in time for the David Pearson anniversary...

There is another forum member that has first right of refusal on it, and I will give him all the time he needs to decide, but if he says no, then you can have 2nd shot. It has a clear TN title and I know the previous owner.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 12:36PM
I won't cut it. If I wanted too, I would sell every parts of it and would end up making money on the car, but I won't.

I'm gonna get a part car and use whatever I need from it. If someone needs a part car, we can buy it for the 2 of us. I'll do my best to save this car, rust isn't really an issue for me, I'm not building a show car.

Btw Jeff, I just got a garage, you won't be able to touch the car, it will be locked Wink
I'll let you seat in it tho, when it's finished
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 2:55PM
I have scrapped only one car already but it was not a Torino. Gonna scrap a few more cars soon, still no Torinos fortunately.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 3:18PM
I scrapped my wagon to appease my wife but much of it lives on in my sedan, gpd294's wagon, and the steering column is dirt track racing.

I got a lot more trim and bits off after this pic from 12/09. Scrapped 4/10 for $100. Had I waited a few months it would have fetched double. Got $150 for a much lighter Cutlass Ciera in late 2010.

Edited by occupant - 31-January-2012 at 3:19PM
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 4:16PM
A '76, I scraped for the tilt colum & power window system. Weird finding those two options on a basic Ranchero 500. The tilt colum was used in my '74 GT everyday driver, 'till I scraped it. The colum &  power window set up will hopefully soon find a perminent home in my '73.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 4:20PM
The '74 GT I bought for a D.D.. I paid $1100 for it in 1982, drove it for 10 yrs. 'till the rust took it over.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 11:27AM
Does it matter if it's a Torino or not?
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 11:40AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Ilyes, if you do sell that to Kevin, I may have something new here at the house that you can use to catch your dream. Hint...they built one on the Speed channel in time for the David Pearson anniversary...

There is another forum member that has first right of refusal on it, and I will give him all the time he needs to decide, but if he says no, then you can have 2nd shot. It has a clear TN title and I know the previous owner.

i saw that episode last night.  i was mesmerized because the frame looks exactly like the torino's (obviously).  it was all too familiar...
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 3:01PM
1971 Halo roof or springtime special.  No motor or trans, was a 351c 2v car.  paid $50 for it AND the guy hauled it to my house!
had this car been parkd indoors or coverd with a tarp when it was parked, it would have been EASILY savable.  as it was, the cowl was absolute toast and the front floor pans correspondingly so. I made well over $1000 off this car and that was selling stuff CHEAP! 
i need a new scanner so i can scan in the pics of the 75 i gutted/stripped and cut into tiny pieces.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>