The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On a Mission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On a Mission
    Posted: 26-January-2012 at 6:57AM
I have a request of anybody on the forum who wishes to participate.

I did a google search for "Gran Torino backgrounds" and Gran Torino desktop Images"

I could only find..... "1" .... good high quality image (that was large enough) of a Gran Torino to use as a desktop background.

Most of the images I find were too small and pixelated for desktop use. (I'm a computer graphics minor at my college, have some idea what I'm doing)

My mission is for any and everyone take take a high quality photo of there Torino, Gran Torino, any model or year. Large images, focused. 

Just a little side project, I'm trying to put together a little slide show type thing for my computer. mine changes backgrounds every 15minutes and I would love to make one for Torinos (especially form this forum) and share with all. 

If any advice is needed on taking a could shot lemme know and Ill help you the best that I can.

thanks everybody
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
73 Gran Torino Formal roof, Ten damn years, and its almost there.
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 7:00AM
I checked every picture I've taken for my car over the past 12 years, but they are all 640 x 480, lol 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 7:42AM
well maybe not Hi-resolution but Bryan did a slide show of pics of the members cars

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 26-January-2012 at 7:45AM
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 8:02AM
I already have HD pics of mine on here
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 8:12AM
mine is still not back together... but i have some pre-restoration pics that are 2048x1536.  i use one of them as my wallpaper on my laptop and my computer at work.  i dont know if that is hd enough but you are welcome to them.  let me know if you do and tell me how you want me to get them to you.
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 8:16AM
Absolutely send them on over! and yes I did see the slide show what I'm doing is making a big file of these big, good pictures. Then I can just send around this big file with all the good pictures on them to everybody who wants copies for there computers. I can also zip the files if need be done. 
That size is about what I'm looking for though, Yours could be the first car on the slide show/file thingy!
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 8:19AM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

I already have HD pics of mine on here

If there from Photobucket most likely they are in JPEG format. If you have GIFF or TIFF or any other loss less format that would be best. If all you have are JEPGs though they will work too.
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 8:30AM
my camara is HD and not sure what the size is when I take them.
How can I check from my memory card,if they are big enough I could email you some
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 8:39AM
Not sure what kind of camera you have but if you plug your SD card into the computer and preview the images its pretty easy to tell from there. Just set the camera to the highest mega pixel you can and the the best quality (my camera pretty vague) you can and click away. If anybody sends me a whole bunch that they are not sure about or just about anything big that's decent I'll so what I can with. Bigger the better

on my camera I just push the "function" button and "Quality and Size" are 2 of the options that come up, I set mine at highest and 10 MP. Most point and shoot or basic digital cameras will be something similar to that.

The back ground image thats on this page is on a 22 inch screen if anybody was wondering

Edited by ZCowher - 26-January-2012 at 8:52AM
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 9:07AM
I just uploaded them from the post, not from photobucket.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 9:15AM
ok i'll check.My camara is 10.1 MP with zoom lense it takes pretty good pics. pretty much just turn it on and shoot and don't mess with the settings but I know it sometimes takes awhile to upload my photos so I think they are pretty good size.

my car is in Florida in storage and have photos on my SD card and can email off it if you like
just shoot me your email address

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 9:29AM
yeah email address and ill send you all i have.

---------------------
malcolm
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 9:48AM
Cow1126@calu.edu
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 9:49AM
mine is 3648x2736  they are JPEG cause that is how it is formatted on the SD card

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 26-January-2012 at 9:52AM

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 10:08AM
Originally posted by 72 GTS 429 72 GTS 429 wrote:

mine is 3648x2736  they are JPEG cause that is how it is formatted on the SD card

thats friggin HUGE!!!  (twss)
---------------------
malcolm
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 10:12AM
I think mine were 1920x2490 or something.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 10:35AM
herhh.

Originally posted by legend onirot legend onirot wrote:

Originally posted by 72 GTS 429 72 GTS 429 wrote:

thats friggin HUGE!!!  (twss)
yah i broke my small camara and when I went to buy a new one the prices on digitals had come way down so I bought a really nice one with zoom lense.it looks like the old 35mm camara's
It's great and cost me about the same as my old camara which was about 5 MP so now I have twice the camara and it takes HD Video also.Being that I restore cars and do kustom paintjobs I wanted something that would take really good quality photo's
this is what  I have 

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 26-January-2012 at 10:56AM

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 11:39AM
just sent you about 4 or 5 emails.  let me know if you get them
---------------------
malcolm
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2012 at 2:26PM
Just sent you 3 emails also.
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 12:04AM
I just sent you 3 of my best ones. Let me know if they are any good. 
1973 Q code sports roof
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 6:01AM
Were off to a good start so far. keepem coming. I have about 5 that we can use so far. As much as I love 73's is there anybody that has a few different years of Torinos'?  Just to mix it up some, and maybe even a few wagons and some cheros? 

Great Job so far. Cool

My email is Cow1126@calu.edu
When I get enough I will make a file with instructions on how to use the background I'm making, its easy though, I promise.
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 6:06AM
emailed some of mine
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 7:17AM
Were mine large enough?

1973 Q code sports roof
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 7:27AM
Originally posted by kenneth kenneth wrote:

Were mine large enough?

That's what SHE said!!! HAHAHA.....haha....ha....sorry, carry on.  Embarrassed
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 7:59AM
Was gunna add to that but this is a family show Smile
Carry on x 2
1973 Q code sports roof
Starsky74Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2012 at 10:08AM
Hi, I just posted some pictures of my 74 Gran Torino Sport Starsky & Hutch car, its waiting approval right now. I had to reduce them to fit the screen but I have lots and lots of pics of my car that I have as a slideshow on my screen saver.
They are good quality and I would be glad to send as many as you want to you.
cheers
Justin.
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2012 at 1:24PM
keep em coming guys. Does anybody have any action shots? Like burnouts or just moving shots? 
ZC
2016 F-150 xl 2.7 liter
 Post Reply Post Reply