The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official S&H Car Photo thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official S&H Car Photo thread
    Posted: 05-February-2012 at 8:27PM
I know we have a Photo gallery but as we have the new S&H  Model Specific section I thought it would be great to have an official photo thread right in this section and will put a sticky so it remains at the top of the section and easy to find and view

So come on all you S&H car owners post up some photos of your rides for all to see

thanks

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 05-February-2012 at 8:32PM
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2012 at 9:48PM
OK, I'll be the first!

My S&H Tribute car is still a work in progress and it will be a clone of the seasons 2-4, except mine is a bucket seat console car. Here is what it will look like when completed....

I'll have to take a few to show what she currently looks like....

HERE IS A SHOT I FOUND MY WIFE TOOK A COUPLE WEEKS AGO SHOWING HOW THE TOMATO CURRENTLY STANDS...

See my project blog address below to follow along on my progress.

BIG thanks to Scott for making this thread for us S&H owners!!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 06-February-2012 at 12:44AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2012 at 10:31PM
looks great thanks for the photo
TomiTomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomiTomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2012 at 12:11AM

Click on the images for higher resolution.

My car was in November on a photo shooting with two Hungarian actors. Here you can find all images of the shoot.
Tomi
Starsky74Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2012 at 7:07AM
Thanks again guys for giving us our Stasky & Hutch section... you guys are awsome Clap and thanks again makings us so welcome and at home here..Thumbs Up

Edited by Starsky74Torino - 08-February-2012 at 4:49AM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2012 at 7:35AM
thanks guys keep those photo's coming we are off to a great start with the new S&H section.
Skinnys Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinnys Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 5:13AM
I grew up watching S&H, so maybe that's why I like Torino's. A friend in high school actually had a '76 LE, so I've always thought they were cool. I've had different wheels over the years, but keep coming back to slots on my '73, probably because of the S&H cars.
I went to a salvage yard auction in '03 and spotted this '76 in the line up. It had front frame damage from an impact with some different sheet metal hanging on the front. No drivetrain, but mostly complete with the interior full of parts. I was actually there to bid on a '59 Studebaker hardtop, but someone ended up wanting it more than me. I had checked the Torino out earlier and had to chuckle at an "expert" telling all that would listen that this wasn't a "real" LE, because it was a 351 car and "all" LE's were 460 powered like his brother-in-law's, friends, cousins car. Long story short, here's a couple pics on the truck headed to my garage.

I had the frame straightend, lined up all the panels, added a hood, some ET wheels and generally cleaned everything up for resale. It's a pretty solid car with no real rust issues, complete black interior with a nice dash and good glass. The build sheet under the seat has "Starsky and Hutch" on it, the correct DSO on the data sticker and the metal PS-122 tag under the hood, so there's no question it's one of the 1000 LE's built by Ford. Here's a couple pics of it ready to sell.

The timing couldn't have been better, as the S&H movie came out that Winter of '04. I listed the car on E-Bay in March of that year with some very good results. Here comes the cool part.....the winner was none other than "Movie" Mike Walsh! For those who might not know who that is, he built the "Hero" cars for the S&H movie. We talked on the phone a bit and I asked him why he wanted my car now that the movie was done? He told me that with the popularity of his hero cars, he wanted a "real" one for himself. I'm not really sure if he ever did anything with it or not, but that's my little piece of S&H history. Here's a pic of it loaded up and headed for California. I'll let you know if I stumble onto another one......Cool

Scott -'73 Gran Torino Brougham

Past Torino's -'73 Q-code GTS, '76 Original PS-122 S&H, '73 H-code GTS, '73 Ranchero
        '71 Cobra 351 Auto, '70 351C Brougham 2dr HT, '71 351C Ranchero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 5:26AM
nice story Scott, how much did he pay for it ?Clap
Skinnys Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinnys Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 6:04AM
Originally posted by Starsky74Torino Starsky74Torino wrote:

nice story Scott, how much did he pay for it ?
Bidding went over 3K and probably another grand shipping to California. Like I said, timing couldn't have been better with several bidders fresh from the movie theater.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 7:34AM
yowser... thats not much money at all.. the ones I see on ebay nowadays are way more than that.. in fact some dude has a LE on right now that aint all that.. opening bid 25k... some people are crazy.. not to say the cars aint worth it but they should be mint for that money. I have invested a huge amount in mine but its what I want and a million bucks couldnt replace it to me.
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 1:20PM
Hey guys, excuse my ignorance, just learning the paticulars of these cars. What is a ''LE'' car?
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 1:40PM
limited edition car.only 1000 made.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 1:44PM
Oh. Is a ''LE'' a factory car as opposed to a dealer made or driveway  made clone?
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:04PM
you are correct.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
mtrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:05PM
I'm in the process of restoring my tribute car I bought in 1985. Been sitting for 20 years and she's a little rough but it's slowly coming together.

I used to be OK, but I got over it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:07PM
I re read my post, Don't want to offend. What I meant is aren't the factory SH cars ''LE'' to begin with?
mtrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:08PM
Here's some pics of the 460 that I built to go back in it...it was a factory 460 car.

1zebra3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1zebra3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:48PM
mtrider are those photos of the way you found the car in 85 or are they of the way the car sits now
1zebra3                      76 S&H Torino
70 mustang MACH 1
73 MACH 1
79 F-350 (SOLD)DAMN
89 STANG LX COUPE
04 F-150
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 3:28PM
The LE indicates the actual Ford S&H models they made at the factory. Limited Edition, only 1,000 of them made with true FACTORY numbers.
MANY dealers would paint the stripe and make clones that people could say I bought an S&H from the factory but in reality there are only 1000 REAL S&H LE FACTORY cars.

The factory actually painted the white stripe on the car first and then masked it off and then painted the car Red (2B?) that way the red did not bleed through the white stripe.

I am in no way an expert on the S&H but I do understand there were multiple "STYLES" of stripes depicted on the show over the years but ONLY 1 style form the factory!

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2012 at 4:02PM
Originally posted by Regul8r Regul8r wrote:

The LE indicates the actual Ford S&H models they made at the factory. Limited Edition, only 1,000 of them made with true FACTORY numbers.
MANY dealers would paint the stripe and make clones that people could say I bought an S&H from the factory but in reality there are only 1000 REAL S&H LE FACTORY cars.

The factory actually painted the white stripe on the car first and then masked it off and then painted the car Red (2B?) that way the red did not bleed through the white stripe.

I am in no way an expert on the S&H but I do understand there were multiple "STYLES" of stripes depicted on the show over the years but ONLY 1 style form the factory!

Thanks, Regular8, so 1000 units for '76
mtrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2012 at 1:33AM
Originally posted by 1zebra3 1zebra3 wrote:

mtrider are those photos of the way you found the car in 85 or are they of the way the car sits now

When i bought it it was a nice car but in the hands of a 20 year old it took a beating. Brother robbed the drivetrain and there it sat until a few months ago.

1zebra3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1zebra3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2012 at 10:28AM
Well at least you got to have some fun with it. Now get it fixed up and baby it.
1zebra3                      76 S&H Torino
70 mustang MACH 1
73 MACH 1
79 F-350 (SOLD)DAMN
89 STANG LX COUPE
04 F-150

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2012 at 11:59AM
like 1zebra3 sais fix her up asap..... we want pictures...
good luck with the build and keep us ipdated Tongue
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2012 at 1:11PM
Maybe Carl or Jeff could go back into the archives and find Ralphs (Starsky76) built thread and repost it here in this section. That was a few years ago but it was one of the original 1000 cars.

After Ralph sold it I wonder what happened to the car? Anyone know?

Last I knew it was in Vegas area where he had moved. Sold on eBay.
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2012 at 2:00PM
It's already a sticky noted thread... "76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS"

Yeah, would be nice to know what Ralph is doing these days....

Edited by TV 2M8O - 12-February-2012 at 2:00PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2012 at 5:35AM
IF I remember right his car ended up overseas in England I think.
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 4:53AM
SORRY FOLKS TO STICK ANOTHER PICTURE UP... I JUST READ AFTER 6 POSTS I DONT HAVE TO USE PHOTOBUCKET.. JUST TESTING THE WATERS...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 6:05AM
yah, one of the reason's why I use photobucket is because o my digital camera takes large photo's and is too big to just upload and everything has to be resized which is a pain.
I choose the size I want the photo's to be before uploading to my album and when I post them they are at a decent size but not extremely huge.It's a PIA to load them all on the computer then
take each photo and resize and save that so now I have copies of 2 sizes on the computer which takes up more memory and often just hook up my card reader to my computer and upload them to my album's and photobucket does all the work for me.
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 7:19AM
I use photobucket so I can just copy/paste the same picture on four different forums. 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2012 at 10:45AM
come on lad's .... dont be shy... we need more Starsky & Hutch car pictures posted here... the moderators did us a great favour by giving us our own little section.. the Gran Torino has allways been a brilliant car and Starsky & Hutch sent the car global... all Torino's are needed here so pull a finger out and join the Family..................WE WANT YOU !
and if you see a Torino out somewhere of any kind take a picture for us to see... we love Torino's.. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>