The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from Norway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 6:42AM
Originally posted by 72 GTS 429 72 GTS 429 wrote:

the Cragars look good with the spinners on your car
also keep the Ford Sport wheel it's much better then that Grant

I see you have the 73 Sport trunk flipper on your car.Your stealing all my ideas's from my thread,LOL

that car reminds me so much of the 72 that got me into Gran Torino's,maybe a few shades different on the blue but really close and I painted the scoop black when I repainted the car.
 Another one of my ideas and that goes all the way back to 1985 so I might have been one of the
few that may have started the black scoop insert who knows?
All the others back in the day were body color,I thought the black set off the scoop with the blue metallic paint and must have been right as someone did that with your car.

Do you have a link on the rear view mirror?? as I like it and need one so maybe to return the favor I will steal an idea from your car,LOL

Hehe the only thing i'm stealing from your tread is the sport steering wheel. The 73 sport trunk flipper was allready on the car when i bought it. But i like it!!

Here is the link to ebay on the billet mirror:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-BILLET-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-CHEVY-FORD-MOPAR-MILL-/290578211387?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a7cfa23b&vxp=mtr
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 6:59AM
yah i'm just bustin on ya,LOL I don't care as I will have some many other one of a kind features on my car to set it apart from anybody else that you'll never find another GTS like it

thanks for the link
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:05AM
Originally posted by 72 Torino 72 Torino wrote:

What year of torino's did this come from?

that is from a Ranchero 500 as the Ranchero GT has the GT in the middle ad the word Ranchero in the bottom and from what I was told those are Ranchero 500 grille emblems

notice it don't have the wording Gran Torino Sport in the 3 colors,so it's not a GTS emblem
but still will work and look good

can't remember what year they were first started on but with the long studs and cross piece it looks similar to the 72 grille emblem and should be able to fit your grille

there are 3 little metal tabs that hold that center backing with he studs and if your carefully with a tiny screw driver you can slightly bend them enough to pop it apart and get the insert out.

I can restore the color to the insert and have done it to the insert I used for my horn button as well as the wreath style insert with the red only and 3 lions and crown.
I believe those emblem inserts are smaller then the GTS ones and you can't find any NOS inserts for them.
So if you want you can ship it to me and I will restore it.PM me for more info.

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 09-April-2012 at 8:09AM
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:08AM
Hehe,your welcomeWink But can you give me a link to the headlight switch? Can't find them on ebay for my car..
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:11AM
Thanks Jeff. Maybe i will mount it on my grill someday.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:15AM
here is the link to my emblem restoration thread
 i'm gonna do another GTS emblem so I can take photos and post them on this thread as I forgot when I did the one for my horn.
I also have to look I might have one of those smaller emblems as I buy them off ebay with groups of other emblems and if I have the correct one I could restore it then we can exchange yours for the restored one

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 09-April-2012 at 7:17AM
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:23AM

here is the link to my emblem restoration thread
 i'm gonna do another GTS emblem so I can take photos and post them on this thread as I forgot when I did the one for my horn.
I also have to look I might have one of those smaller emblems as I buy them off ebay with groups of other emblems and if I have the correct one I could restore it then we can exchange yours for the restored one

Nice work!! Your welcome to post the pictures here. Sounds good,Jeff. I have another grill emblem too,can post a picture of it. Think it is from a 73 GTS
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:40AM
ya the 73 GTS grill emblem won't fit the 72 grilles unfortunately
My car is getting a custom fabbed aluminum grille so I will fab it so the 73 GTS emblem fits in the center.
72's had the wreath style and it was different then 73 and the were placed to the driver side of the grille 

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 09-April-2012 at 7:42AM
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 7:58AM
Looking forward to see your custom aluminium grill with the 73 GTS emblem! I think it will look nice!!

Here is the 73 GTS emblem. Use it as a book holder LOL

papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 8:02AM
Great cars, all of them. All car companies made bad cars:

Yugo
Vega
Pinto (though I'd love to have one with a V-8, hehe)
Chevette
Citation
Volga
Pacer
Gremlin (though very cool body shape)
Maverick (Serious body roll)

I know I'm missing some...
75 Ranchero in progress
04 Harley Deuce stage one kit
89 Toyota pickup modded
09 Scion XB (bought for the ol' lady) buy American! (sorry)
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 8:14AM
wow I think that 73 GTS emblems looks awesome.I have an NOS insert for mine but don't know if the body of mine is as nice as yours.i'm hoping the one Andy is sending me is better then the one I have.
I cut up a badlly pitted one to get the center divider bars for my horn button then painted the chrome black to match the horn button rubber
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2012 at 1:34PM
hey I scored a 74 Sport grille emblem,it's sorta like the one you got but has the lettering like the
73's but it's the smaller insert like what you have so I had to restore the color.
Came out good just have to add the black to the edge of the gear body and put it back together
check it out in the emblem restoration thread.
I'm going to use that now instead of the big 73  Sport emblem and I can put it off to the side like the 72 emblems are suppose to be and will be easy to install on my custom aluminum grille

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 22-April-2012 at 9:42AM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2012 at 9:36AM
Originally posted by 72 Torino 72 Torino wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome here!Smile

Just bougt this:

Nice to have in the car.

I jut got these two items off ebay as well,been looking for awhile for the owners manual
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2012 at 11:03AM
Hi. Today i recived a "new" headlight switch. The one i have is not good!

And a local body shop replaced the rear window rubber seal but i'm not happy with their job,it still leaks!!!

Under the back seat i found the original build sheet.

And i replaced the old drive belt idler pulley it had a broken bearing.

Only need to fill the aircontition and hope it works.

But how do i replace the headlight switch????

Edited by 72 Torino - 25-April-2012 at 11:05AM
Houstonh10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstonh10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2012 at 11:16AM
Very nice car, love the color!
73 Gran Torino
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2012 at 11:21AM
Originally posted by Houstonh10 Houstonh10 wrote:

Very nice car, love the color!

Thank you. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2012 at 12:41PM
there are a few threads about back glass and I mentoned the 3M bedding compound to stick on the metal before installing the gasket and it seals the rubber from water getting in between

here is the product you need to seal the gasket

3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound part #08509

here is a How To on how to install the glass

i would pull it out and do it yourself cause it's easy.
From inside the car, take a screwdriver and gentle lift the rubber away from the pinchwld while
pushing out on the glass and work the rubber seal till it pops out then follow the "how to" to instal it but put a bead of the sealer along the pinchweld outer lip and smooth it flat then install the glass & gasket.then before installing the moldings you can put more sealer in the crevis

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 25-April-2012 at 12:54PM
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2012 at 8:47AM

there are a few threads about back glass and I mentoned the 3M bedding compound to stick on the metal before installing the gasket and it seals the rubber from water getting in between

here is the product you need to seal the gasket

3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound part #08509

here is a How To on how to install the glass

i would pull it out and do it yourself cause it's easy.
From inside the car, take a screwdriver and gentle lift the rubber away from the pinchwld while
pushing out on the glass and work the rubber seal till it pops out then follow the "how to" to instal it but put a bead of the sealer along the pinchweld outer lip and smooth it flat then install the glass & gasket.then before installing the moldings you can put more sealer in the crevis

The shop i used did use some kind of seal in the gasket when they installed the window,but they said that they will try again with some more seal.
I printed out that how to install rear window link and gave to the shop the day they got the torino but they didn't use it..  Hopefully they do it right next time :)

But a new question, i missing the rubber here:

Edited by 72 Torino - 28-April-2012 at 12:07PM
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2012 at 12:05PM
Hey. Where can I get Quarter Window Seal,the one on the body for a 72 torino gts?
Missing one on the left side .....Confused

Edited by 72 Torino - 28-April-2012 at 12:12PM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2012 at 12:36PM
same as formal roof I believe and have them,PM me for details

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 28-April-2012 at 12:37PM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2012 at 7:31PM
did you buy your car from a member here neejah who lives in Georgia??
came across photo's in the Official photo thread on page 5
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2012 at 7:18AM
1 of may car cruising 2012

To be continued.....
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2012 at 2:33AM
WOW!!! Lots of beautiful cars. Love the Cougar, and if either of my Camaros looked like that Charcoal one, I might actually keep mine.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2012 at 10:40AM
Some more pictures from 1 of may cruising...

72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2012 at 10:07AM

My car and two members from my local car club on saturday.
Kim
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2012 at 1:00AM
Just got this Gran Torino model from ebay.

Kim
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2012 at 2:18AM
Sweet!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2012 at 3:09PM
thats a pretty amazing amount of classic cars overseas at a car showThumbs Up
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2012 at 8:28AM
Was in  a town called Arendal today and took a couple of pictures of the gran torino.

Kim
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2012 at 11:24AM

A photo from my local car club in Arendal.
Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>