The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from Norway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2012 at 2:22PM

Like I said in a previous post,thats a boat load of classic cars,how far away do these cars come to gather?

John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2012 at 2:56PM
Originally posted by 75GranMan 75GranMan wrote:

Like I said in a previous post,thats a boat load of classic cars,how far away do these cars come to gather?

On the local car club i think i have the longest way and that is about 11-12 miles. We gather every saturday,if the weather is nice.

Edited by 72 Torino - 28-June-2012 at 3:09PM
Kim
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2012 at 2:33AM
Parked in the garage when i got back home from wings & wheels.

Kim
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2012 at 3:07AM
Originally posted by 72 GTS 429 72 GTS 429 wrote:

did you buy your car from a member here neejah who lives in Georgia??
came across photo's in the Official photo thread on page 5

guess you missed this post???
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2012 at 3:18AM
Is that a Johan Model? I got one off ebay awhile ago and it was yellow but had the body side moldings. I sanded the plastic down and removed them as my car was but is now molding delete and painted it the color my car will be,but it's packed up in a box some where from the move.
I haven't seen a laser stripe car,that is kewl.
Kinda glad mine wasn't like that as I would have a hard time wanting to ruin a nice model and paint it like my car but they one I got was all molded in yellow so I really didn't mind doing it to that one but yours looks fantastic with the laser stripe and wheel opening moldings .

BTW yall have too many of our nice Classic car's over there,no wonder why these cars are getting rare,other counties are stealing them from us,LOLShockedWink

72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2012 at 4:10AM

Is that a Johan Model? I got one off ebay awhile ago and it was yellow but had the body side moldings. I sanded the plastic down and removed them as my car was but is now molding delete and painted it the color my car will be,but it's packed up in a box some where from the move.
I haven't seen a laser stripe car,that is kewl.
Kinda glad mine wasn't like that as I would have a hard time wanting to ruin a nice model and paint it like my car but they one I got was all molded in yellow so I really didn't mind doing it to that one but yours looks fantastic with the laser stripe and wheel opening moldings .

BTW yall have too many of our nice Classic car's over there,no wonder why these cars are getting rare,other counties are stealing them from us,LOLShockedWink

Nope,it is a NEO model car. Got it from ebay and it is very nice.
Cool that you are making a copy of your car!
Yes,i think it is the old car that neenjah had,he sold it to bay a srt10 i think.
Many nice classic cars here,we love them too you know LOL lol

BTW I  looking forward to you get started again on your GTS,think it will be a cool car!

Kim

Edited by 72 Torino - 01-July-2012 at 4:12AM
Kim
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2012 at 4:17AM
well right now it's on hold for 2 reason's
one don't have a garage yet.Construction starts in a week or so,clearing the tree's and digging the basement addition and doing the foundation and block work for a 50X30 garage with 12ft ceilings for a twin post lift later.
it's my brothers house where I live now and we are building it ourselves.
the other reason is I'm currently unemployed and can't afford to do much if I did have a garage but could tear it apart for a frame off but need the garage before I do that.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2012 at 4:20AM
never heard of that model kit,must be rare as I never seen a laser stripe car.
Wish some of the model companies like AMT or Monogram would make one now of the 72 GTS as I would buy a bunch and build one in every color that they were available in

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 01-July-2012 at 4:20AM
Classicfitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Classicfitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-July-2012 at 2:05AM

never heard of that model kit,must be rare as I never seen a laser stripe car.
Wish some of the model companies like AMT or Monogram would make one now of the 72 GTS as I would buy a bunch and build one in every color that they were available in

The '72 GTS is reproduced in 1:43 diecast by NEO.  It just came out last month!!  The red is now available and they will release a lime green soon.  
'72 GTS 351-4b Gold Glow

'75 Elite 400 Polar White

My car blog: www.fordtorino72.blogspot.com

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-July-2012 at 3:13AM
kewl good to know
I looked them up and they go for $80 on ebay
they are not diecast thought they are resin models
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2012 at 8:16AM

Got a new cowl to hood seal

Got  two complete parking lights for 15$ on ebay. Smile

Kim
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2012 at 8:44AM
Originally posted by 72 Torino 72 Torino wrote:

Factory sport steering wheel. Can't wait to install it!Big smile OMG, where'd you get that steering wheel??? I want one!

Old school center caps. Don't know if it will look good on the car yet...

Short throw Hurst shifter waiting to be installed

Hood grilles. Got them for  only 42$ used from autocrafters.
75 Ranchero in progress
04 Harley Deuce stage one kit
89 Toyota pickup modded
09 Scion XB (bought for the ol' lady) buy American! (sorry)
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2012 at 8:54AM
I got the factory  steering wheel from ebay. Smile
Kim
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2012 at 12:49AM
On Saturday I went for a drive along with Arendal American car club to a dragrace event at a place called Fyresdal. 30 years since the last dragrace was held there on the old air stripe. Was a fun weekend.

Here we are all together and ready to start the trip to Fyresdal.

On the road.

A little stop along the way to stretch their legs and enjoy the view.

Kim
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2012 at 12:59AM

Kim
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2012 at 1:08AM
By the looks of things I would say racing is back at the track. Great picturesThumbs Up
two loves, torino's and bike riding. drive and ride safe.
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2012 at 7:43AM
Hi again. Long time since lsat time i was here now,but I've taken a few shots of my GTS from the summer season and from various car shows I've been to.
And i know you guys like to se pictures Wink

Here you go.

Bullet lug nuts install.

More photos coming....
Kim
GT72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2012 at 10:00PM
...nice pics. great cars. thanks!

greetings from germany
dirk
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2012 at 2:16AM
Fantastic pictures. It is incredible how you guys band together and enjoy thes cars as they should be. Not a single worry about dirt, puddles, and a stone peck. Just drive them and enjoy them. AWESOME, man.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
SininenIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SininenIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2012 at 9:04AM
Cool pictures! Your car looks great (I´ve probably said it before). Looking a ´72 sportsfoof beside all those GM and Mopar muscle car icons, it has absolutely nothing to be shame about what it comes to looks, a beauty!!
Aatu
73 Gran Torino Sport

TomiTomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomiTomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2012 at 3:37AM
It's nice to see that you have so many (Gran) Torinos in Norway. Thumbs Up
Tomi
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2012 at 3:54AM
Thought the two Volvo 7 series running straight up was cool. (Closet Volvo 2 and 7 series guy).

Edited by unlovedford - 07-November-2012 at 3:55AM
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2012 at 12:31AM

Kim
twood68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twood68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2012 at 4:46AM
Just went thru your thread, awesome stuff!

The car is great, love the color!

Tony
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2012 at 8:42AM

Parked for wintertime in a warm garage

My friends 71 lemans

Kim
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2012 at 3:51AM
Nice, a GTS and a GTO in the same place!!!
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 8:59AM
Had some fun with photobucket picture editor Big smile

Kim
73 Baby Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 Baby Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 2:35PM
Man if my 73 didn't have the laser stripe it could be a sister car to yours!  Very nice! I wish there was a group of cars to go driving with around here like that. Must be nice!
One of Fords better ideas!
SteveSS View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2013 at 7:22AM
Very Nice!  My mom's family is from Norway. Her name is Haldis and her maiden name was Barstad. I hope to learn more about her family and Norway.

I'm looking at a 1972 Torino right now but I have other cars like you.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88 Coupe 394 white
1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Coupe 394 blue

Both of these will be for sale soon.

1971 Challenger 408 4 speed Sub-Lime Green
1971 Charger 383 Hemi Orange
1972 Ford F100 4x4 lfited 390 4
1981 Dodge D50
2001 Dodge 150 lifited
2006 Xterra
2006 Hummer H3
2005 Ford Five Hundred AWD

72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2013 at 6:20AM
Before:

After:

Installed new front springs from Dearborn classic with 1" drop.
Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>