The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official What I do for a Living Photo thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official What I do for a Living Photo thread
    Posted: 16-February-2012 at 6:19PM
Here is September 2008 with my Platoon of Truck Drivers and Fuelers before we deployed.
I am on the far right, My partner(PLT Leader/LT) is on the far left.
FANTASTIC group of guys and gals... SOLDIERS all of them.
The kid behind the flag in the front row is my Soldier who lost his right foot below the knee. 5 others were Purple Heart Recipients during our deployment.
My LT on the left was in Command of a Company this past year in Iraq.
She was medevac'd when her base was bombed and she was blown up.
You heard about it on the news, the worse rocket attack in many years and killed 6 Soldiers.
They were her Soldiers.
I LOVE MY GUYS!!!  
Headed north from Kuwait to Iraq, I was in charge of this whole plane load of Soldiers.
Sometimes it feels like herding cats! lol
In Kuwait, on our Unit Concrete Barrier.

GOTTA get pumped up before you go on mission!!

In the Army for over 20 years running 5 days a week and THIS was my first 5k race... in IRAQ! lol

GOTTA LOVE CAV!!!
Cowboy Hats and Spurs!!

Not a great smile but this was my Bronze Star ceremony.

How's that Jeff?
Does that show who I am?
OH WAIT... that was all the serious stuff!
Now here I am with Andy after we cut up the white 73 GTS...

Edited by Regul8r - 16-February-2012 at 6:44PM
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2012 at 1:22PM

Me at work. We run heavy equipment in NYC,from excavators to tower cranes. Im in the blue shirt on the right 
Currently were putting in a foundation for a 1400 foot tower on 56th and park ave in Manhattan

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 20-February-2012 at 2:25PM
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2012 at 1:49PM
Kenneth why you delete your photos?

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 20-February-2012 at 2:02PM
1973 Q code sports roof
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 3:07AM
Hehe,sorry.

Here is what i do for living

Kim
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 4:03AM
I travel quite extensively to producer locations, both out in the field and to corporate offices. Some of the areas are great, some require that I carry firearms. I absolutely love my job!

Typical compressor station

Typical well site

Typical Appalachian well access roads. This is why I build Jeep Cherokees for my business use!

Typical Appalachian wells

BTW, I am not in these pictures but will post some in the members pictures section. I would never trade jobs with anyone, as the folks I deal with are great, the job is a constant challenge, and I drive through some of God's most beautiful country.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 4:53AM
Jeff, Thanks for the new thread and moving the pics. Cool to see what everyone does
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 11:03AM
Y'all saw what I do... US Army for 25 yrs.
Also been a DJ since 1987 and now a bar owner too!

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 12:05PM
Carl,your one big dude! what 6'4"?You look about my size/weight.I'll try to find some pix of me at work.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 2:44PM
ok this is what I do
take vehicles that look like this
 and make them look like this

sometimes when there wrecked bad like this
we add air conditioning

this was the frame machine I used at my old Collision Job in Florida
alot of tools and equipment needed for the job
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 2:59PM
How much does it cost to get a frame straightened?
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 3:01PM
depends on how bad it is and how long it takes
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 3:06PM
Oh ok thanks, there's a car in a storage lot that I some stuff in that is kind of rare but it's wrecked. I was just wondering.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2012 at 6:41PM
I am 6ft even and right now 230.
About 210 in the pics from Iraq.
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
72 Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 12:53AM
Great job with the truck,jeffClap
Kim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 1:00AM
That's a great job. They give you a gun and a quad and they pay you. Im jealous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 1:55AM
Well, the guns and Jeeps are mine, but the quads are supplied. It is great except when the locals decide that they don't want you poking around certain areas and decide to confront you with assault rifles or you look down on your chest and see the tiny moving red dots. Then it gets dicey.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 3:16AM
You guys have pretty interesting jobs. I'll counter that My technical title at work is "warehouse manager", for a small three store chain of pharmacies (no I can't get you drugs, only OTCs and seasonal items here, ha). Unofficlally it's jack of all trades, from setting up computers, selecting items for purchase, designing planograms, setting retails, etc etc etc..

I am either seen with a clipboard taking inventories, a two wheeler, or in front of the computer with Excel open.
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 10:50PM
I am a Union Electrician, and I love my job. To watch construction come together is pretty awesome. The project that I am on now is one that we are not supposed to talk about. I just wish it were closer to home. I will post some pics when I make it to my moms computer. Seems all of my work pics are there.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
ghosttrain2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghosttrain2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 4:31AM
I work on these at the mine's Mega shop:
http://youtu.be/O3WxD1oKlzQ
1977 LTD, 2 door
1972 N code Ranchero, Project
1972 Torino formal roof
1970 Torino 500, Project
1974 Cougar parts car
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2012 at 3:46PM
I'm an auto tech for CT state police,for the last 4 years. Previously a ford senior master tech at the local ford dealer which sold out and then closed down.I had been there for 25 years.here's a pic of me stripping out a CVPI wreckthis next pic is of my shop that I share with another tech we get to repair just about anything imaginable,as you never know what these guys are driving,seized undercover cars/airboats/bucket trucks the list is endless.you never know your going to be doing from day to day.My hours are 6 to 2pm.which leaves plenty of day for other stuff!We do towing all over the state with an occasional out of state tow also.This CVPI is on it way to state surplus auction site.this next pic is of last batch of nos CV's.gonna miss them when there all goneThis is a shot of the  new 2011 LENCO BEARCAT G3.Our emergency service unit just took delivery of it. THis thing is CRAZY.Its built on the F550 frame.weight is 19k.cruises at 85mph no problem!stopping,well lets just say it should have air brakes.working on vehicles like this breaks up the same Ole thing!
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2012 at 1:02AM
that's a big fleet of cvpi, the Lenco looks more like a big modified Humvee than a ford
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2012 at 3:09PM
here is what i do for a living,   right now its two jobs till spring,  then just one for the rest of spring, summer and fall.  with a little side job for most of the summer.

my main job is with a tree and landscape company.  i work in the tree department mostly but do a little be bit of everything.   we do everything from basic trimming to hazard tree removal.    i mostly do ground work, some climbing and run the bucket truck from time to time.  our bucket truck is a 65 food altec boom truck on a 1999 international.

one of our clean up trucks an international  with a prentice loader mounted to it.

this is our smaller stump grinder its a rayco,  way under powered for what we do with it but it gets the job done when we cant get the bigger one in to the job, like in tight back yards

some of the trees are just to big to move by hand, that chunk or wood is about 5 feet tall.

heres a typical pine tree removal i did,   im about 45feet in the air befor cutting the top out of the tree

after cutting the top down

my winter job is at the local ski resort, http://www.bristolmountain.com/  if you are ever in western ny in winter and want to try skiing or snow boarding  its a great place to give it a go.  this year has been a challenging winter but has been a good season none the less.   we have had close to 100 ski-able days so far.   my job is lift attendent,  basicly i have to make sure everyone loads and unloads the chair lift safely,  believe me it can get crazy.   no stopping for cold or snow here, on an average year its not uncommon to see temps starting the day out at -10 and only warming up to 10.  but i love my job i get to see some of the most amazing sun rises at the mountain, and 99% of the customers are great.

heres me home away from home.   the morningstar chair.   its a quad chair (4 person)  it typically runs at 415-420 feet per minnute.   if that doesn't sound all that fast try garbing the 400LB chair as it comes around to slow it for the customers.   if your not paying attention it will knock your on your a** fast

heres a pic of the groomers that run around the mountain late at night getting everything ready for the next day.   they are bombardier snow cats,  we have a fleet of 6.

the average morning looks like this

and on the average year i typically spend most of the time looking like  im part snow man.

-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 10:10AM
What an incredibly great job. Lucky man.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 11:09AM
Been in the Army since about '81. Was supposed to retire last year, but things like the attack today have slowed it down.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 2:35PM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

What an incredibly great job. Lucky man.

joe ill trade you,  you get to ride 4 wheelers, and carry guns,   the only part i wouldnt want is the red dot lazier on my chest form time to time.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 2:53AM
Yeah Kevin, it has its great moments. Sometimes the travel gets me down a bit, but I work for such a great company and wonderful people, I shake it off pretty quickly and thank God. One of the reasons I like where I travel is getting to be up north. Love the ice, snow, geography and people there. You get to enjoy it every day

As for GTW and our other members in our armed forces, thank you all for giving us the lives we have, the security we enjoy, and the sacrifices you make. It surely cannot be easy in these times. God bless you all.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2012 at 3:35PM
i am in the second row. 
Great lakes ford, parts manager
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

BadHabit351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadHabit351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 8:35AM
This is what I do...this was in downtown Chicago. I run 48 states and the 5 lower of Canada.

1973/72 Gran Torino Sport
1971 Torino GT convertilble
2013 Ford Fusion
2004 Ford SuperDuty
2013 Mustang GT
SEKCOBRA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEKCOBRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 8:49AM
NYC Firefighter is my job. When im not there I can be found driving a cement truck. Work pretty much day and night with the occasional break from the cement job for extreme cold or rain.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 3:01PM
Originally posted by BadHabit351 BadHabit351 wrote:

This is what I do...this was in downtown Chicago. I run 48 states and the 5 lower of Canada.

Privateer or company man?
Up for the occasional side road parts pick up and delivery at the truck stops?
Hoods, bumpers, fenders, seats and other big parts to big to mail??
Always thought IF someone could pick something up along the way and deliver even a few weeks later would help the cause for us GTS.ORG guys.
I for one try to deliver/pick up what I can along my travels if it will save a member some cash and I get to meet cool GTS.ORG people along the way!

IF you are ever on I70 in Junction City, KS (FT Riley)... My bar is at exit 299
Stop on in, I'll buy you a drink! Also pretty good deal with a couple hotels and know the good places to eat!

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>