The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

70 torino gt grill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 torino gt grill
    Posted: 13-March-2012 at 10:35AM
I am a torino newbie.. i just sold my 65 mustang fastback and bought a fully restored 1970 torino gt convertible.. it is a 3 owner car with all the proper doc. and marti report.. it is a 351c 4v with shaker hood and center console as it states it was ordered that way in the marti report. my quesion is this..it doesnt have hide away headlights and the grill seems to be a 2 section grill ( left and right side) with a square gt emblem in the middle not a round one..ive done some searching on the internet and came across plenty of 70 gt's withwith this grill but was this an option on the car? could you order it with different grills?..is this the right grill for this car?
PortraitPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PortraitPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2012 at 12:19PM
I too am new to Torinos, but to my knowledge there were only two grille options.  One like yours and the other was the hideaway headlight option which used a completely different grille setup altogether.
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2012 at 8:49AM
You have a standard 1971 grill. The square emblem in the middle "GT" if in good shape will fetch $$.

Edited by 73GTS - 01-November-2012 at 8:49AM
Jim

Post Reply Post Reply