The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project TV 2M8O

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 41>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2015 at 8:00AM
yeah, any updates joe??
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2016 at 10:48AM
**CLICK ON PICS TO ENLARGE AND CLICK AGAIN TO SUPERSIZE**

While I took the week off between Christmas and New Year's, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to in getting the Tomato moved closer to the point of return to the crew at F3. However I did experience a severe learning curve at my first attempt at painting (the insides of) a car. What I guesstimated would take me a day to do ended up taking all week because I really had not idea what the hell I was doing!

To back up a bit, the Saturday after Christmas I got the dust shields and caliper brackets mounted to the spindles....

the muffler and tail pipe hangers reinstalled...

and the rotors masked off and painted.

On Monday, I unmasked the rotors...

painted the calipers...

installed the new rubber bumper above the lift finger on the jack assembly...

installed the power brake booster firewall bellows...

and got the transmission crossmember painted...

I had a few excess cans of Eastwood Underhood Black aerosol and decided to use them for the first coat inside the trunk and interior before breaking out the spray gun. So I first masked off all the openings in the firewall and floor from the outside and then tacked the trunk and interior...

shot the shifter hump location on the driveshaft tunnel with the underhood black...

then hit the trunk with the first coat...

before installing the shifter hump and shooting the inside of the firewall and floor transition.....

With the spray bombs exhausted, it was time to break out the spray gun! I'll save THAT fiasco for our next installment....

Stay tuned!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 04-January-2016 at 10:54AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2016 at 1:57PM
ahh you're getting it done! hmm "spray gun fiasco" i can only imagine! BTW the suspense is killing me!!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2016 at 7:34PM
Joe, Question for you... I see you have the shifter riser in place, Shouldn't you have cut the floor opening to the actual size opening of the riser? Isn't there a possibility that road water can puddle inside the riser if the floor is not cut wide open?  
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2016 at 11:49PM
Originally posted by 75GranMan 75GranMan wrote:

Joe, Question for you... I see you have the shifter riser in place, Shouldn't you have cut the floor opening to the actual size opening of the riser? Isn't there a possibility that road water can puddle inside the riser if the floor is not cut wide open?  
John,

I put it back just the way it left the Chicago facility, but you do bring up a good point....... Hopefully she won't see that much road water!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2016 at 8:30AM
Normally, any water that does get up there runs out onto your floorboards under the carpet. There is usually no sealer between/under the "hump" and the floor.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2016 at 11:25AM
Randy,

Mine was very well sealed between the floor & the hump.... I really had to work at getting it broke loose for removal. Perhaps they had issues when new and the dealer did an exceptional job of resealing?? It all looked like it was a factory seal though. I'll have to go back thru my pictures and post a couple "before" photos if I have any good clear ones....

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2016 at 4:56AM
Looking great!! Every hump I've "Joe'd" has been pretty firmly sealed to the floor. Even the undercoating had to be scraped away to find the heads of the screws.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2016 at 9:40AM
I've pulled out a half-dozen or so, and some have had a half-assed squirt of caulk/sealer job, and some have been bare. Nothing watertight. There has been tarpaper/tarry crap or whatever over the screws, but I thought that was part of the sound deadener and sloppy work on the line. It would in no way shape or form stop water from running under the edge of the hump.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2016 at 11:04AM
Guys,

Here's what the underside of the hump looked like when I removed it. They used the same pinkish sealer that was used throughout the interior seams of the car. The pink stuff really set up hard so I had to pry the hump loose from the floor. As you can see, there was some surface rust within the hump area but there was NO intrusion thru the sealer into the interior....

Someone did a really good job back in the day!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2016 at 12:28PM

(if you make it to the end!!!) Geek

With the spray bombs exhausted, it was time to break out the real spray gun and try my hand at shooting with the big boys. Since I was working in the old body shop area at the dealership, I had ASS-U-ME-d the air line regulators were set for use with paint guns. I had watched Kevin Tetz's videos on adjusting the gun spray patterns and how to move the gun for good coverage, but never paid too much attention to adjusting the air pressure.

So on Wednesday morning after blowing out the car and vacuuming up the debris, I grabbed a quart of Eastwood Underhood Black off the shelf and mixed it thoroughly with a paint stick before straining it into a mixing cup. I read on the container that the paint was ready to shoot, so I dumped some into the gun pot and proceeded to attach an air line from the paint booth and adjust the pattern and mixture on the gun until it was spraying out a really nice elongated oval. I practiced on an old box that I had received some parts in until I felt comfortable with the gun before venturing out to the Tomato.

I started on the back window surround and then the package tray and noticed it wasn't covering as well as it had on the box, but I attributed it to the gun not being level. I progressed down the shelf braces, the leading edge of the rear end hump and the interior side bulkheads before running out of paint. I detached the gun and refilled the pot with paint but there was so much paint fog hanging in the air that I decided to wait until it dissipated a bit before continuing. I turned on the exhaust fan in the paint booth to try and draw some of it out but when it didn't work, I resorted to plan B and opened a couple windows on my end of the building and used a blow nozzle to direct the haze that direction and hopefully start a draft moving toward the open windows.

After about a half hour or so the cloud was gone so I reattached the air line and shot the interior edges of the door and quarter window headers before starting on the underseat floor area of the back seat. Again coverage wasn't ideal but I plan on shooting a second coat once all the seam sealer is applied so I soldiered on. When I shot the floor brace that the seat bottom clips into, a load of debris was blown out onto the freshly applied paint, so I suspended shooting any more until the paint was dry and I could blow out and vacuum all the loose bits from the crossmember and the floor. The remainder of the paint in the pot was sprayed onto the firewall to floor transition and the shifter hump and started on the driver side footwell before it too was gone, so I cleaned my gun and called it a day.

Thursday was a waste as well as I experience more issues spraying.... blew thru a second quart of paint with very little coverage and clouds of overspray! I knew there must be something I was doing wrong but had no idea what the hell it was, so on Friday, New Year's day, I spent the day watching videos on youtube to determine what I wasn't doing correctly.... low and behold the problem was the air pressure in the spray booth was set WAY TOO HIGH for my HVLP gun! A bit more surfing and I found there was a digital needle valve that I could attach right on the gun inlet and dial the pressure back to the necessary gun working pressure... 50psi. More surfing revealed I could pick one up at my local Harbor Freight, so off I went!

Saturday morning started with blowing out and vacuuming the interior of the Tomato.... many many times until there was nothing left to vacuum out... and then I blew and sucked it out three more times! An hour and 15 minutes later I was satisfied she was clean, so I put away the shop vac and proceeded to stir up another quart of paint, Eastwood Chassis Satin Black. Before filling the cup, I attached the new needle valve to the gun and also found a small moisture trap with a plastic body (which I thought was a bit cheesie) and attached it to the end of the valve to catch any moisture that may be in the lines. With the gun now all assembled, I filled the cup, adjusted the pressure down, verified the spray pattern and fluid delivery and was ready to begin....

I started again at the package tray and worked my way forward.... DAMN WHAT A DIFFERENCE correctly adjusting the air pressure made! The paint now laid down smoothly with excellent coverage and NO OVERSPRAY! With the rear window frame and tray covered, I started my way down the braces and the wheelhouses. I went to adjust the slack in the air line and the threads on the moisture trap snapped off at the air line fitting! Luckily I had hold of the air line as it frantically danced around in space so I could set down the gun long enough to uncouple the air line from the busted trap. I knew I should not have used that plastic POS!! To make matters worse, it was one minute after 12 noon and the parts house where we typically get our air line fittings closes at noon on Saturday.

I hurried and grabbed the fitting and rushed out hoping I could get there before everyone left, but when you have buzzards luck you just know they are already gone. I was right, so I headed to the next closest auto parts store, O'Reiley's. The  guys was super nice and check their rack first but nothing was hanging there, so he looked it up under the number on the fitting to see if they may have something that would crossover but nada. He called across the street to Advance to see if they may have something. He gave the girl the part number and she said they had it so I hustled over there got the fittings she had pulled and boogied back to the shop. Installed the new fitting onto the gun, threw the other one in my tool drawer and walked back over to the car to hook up the air line to wrap things up............. ##$@@&@&$$#% the line would fit!

After digging the package out of the trash I saw she had given me the wrong fittings... I needed 778's and she had given me 772's (or whatever). I grabbed the package, the other fitting outta my box and removed the fitting from the gun and headed back downstairs to my car. My buddy Jim was downstairs working on the shop heater and he asked me where I was headed now and I said back to Advance to get the right fittings. He asked to see the old one with the broken plastic threads inside and he said he could probably get it out if I wanted so I left it with him to dig out while I went back to Advance in hopes they would have the right ones.... WRONG AGAIN. I asked the girl if they carried them at another store or in the warehouse but it was not a stock item so I got my refund and headed back to the dealership in hopes Jim had come thru for me again. He was just finishing up scraping out the plastic threads when I arrived, so I was back on track!

I installed the fitting, attached the air line and wrapped up the interior in no time. I think it really turned out well considering everything that had happened along the way to get the inside of the car painted! I had a crash course in what NOT to do when spraying a car....

Lesson ONE: MAKE SURE ALL DEBRIS IS BLOWN AND VACUUMED FROM EVERY POSSIBLE NOOK AND CRANNY OF THE CAR BEFORE STARTING TO PAINT.... do it until no more contaminates are blown free from every possible hiding place, then blow and vacuum three more times!!

Lesson TWO: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CONTROL OF THE AIR PRESSURE AT THE GUN. After blowing thru two quarts of paint with practically no coverage, I resorted to watching several how to videos on shooting paint.

All the interior seams still need to have seam sealer applied before the floor insulation goes in or the bed liner sprayed in the trunk area. Plus too I'm sure the guys at F3 will need to bang around a bit on the exterior sheet metal to get it nice and straight so until she comes back from the body shop, I'll refrain from shooting the final coats on the inside of the car (though I do see a few areas that need to be hit again to cover up the old paint or the green inner frame coating).....

Thanks for sitting thru all my blathering! Ouch

Edited by TV 2M8O - 08-January-2016 at 12:35PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2016 at 4:19PM
Shocked whoa! i'm surprised with that much pressure that the paint didn't run like it was sprayed out of a garden hose! or orangepeel so bad it wasn't just dry spray!!!
 but yes be careful if you are using those fuel filter looking water traps that go inline at the gun, they can brake! when banged against something! i know!!! i have regular water traps set up on my air hard lines then a regulator plumbed in after it then more hard line with a quick connect air fitting for the hose, no problems!! joe, i'll PM you my phone #, you can call me anytime, i'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, even if you're right in the middle of doing something and have an issue! Thumbs Up because chances are it's happened to me Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2016 at 2:21AM
John, it is kinda grainy in the rear underseat area! LOL, luckily that will all get covered up...

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2016 at 5:26AM
yeah, don't sweat it joe, the only painted metal part of the interior that isn't covered is the edge around the door jamb below the windows! Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
NorthElite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthElite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2016 at 6:37AM
I just find this thread. I should read all your text long time ago!
Joe this is more than awesome job. This all need to read more than ones Clap
Thank You Beer
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2016 at 12:37PM

Progress again today! Remounted the passenger door, core support and fender to confirm the door edge would clear the power antenna....

The door clears, but I may have to tweak the fender door opening splash guard a bit. I also need to fab up a lower antenna mount to stabilize the assembly.

My best buddy Jim got one side of the rear brakes put together today as well....

kinda looks like a car again!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 09-January-2016 at 12:39PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2016 at 2:16PM
"kinda looks like a car again!"

on one side anyway LOLLOL but seriously, it looks good joe! keep at it!!!Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2016 at 2:34PM
hey joe, when you get the antennae bracket mounted, that sound shield thing goes in from the wheel side, mount it to the fender brace, then heat it with a heat gun and push and hold the plastic against the antennae for several minutes after the heat to mold the shape and clearance needed! basically molding a formed depression for the antennae! it works! i've done similar plastic things like that before.LampWink 
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2016 at 11:59AM
Power antenna ??  I have antenna envy...Thumbs Up
Nothing stops this train.
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2016 at 11:36PM

Here's a close up of the modified factory antenna base and escutcheon modified to accept the power antenna and retainer nut....

Edited by TV 2M8O - 10-January-2016 at 11:38PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2016 at 5:00PM
hell, that looks good joe! Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2016 at 7:43AM

Didn't seem to get a lot done yesterday. I verified the door swing clearance to the antenna motor one last time...

designed a bracket to stabilize the bottom of the antenna and got the fender shield cut to clear the power antenna...

and trimmed and fit the brackets for the dual Dynamax sirens...

Edited by TV 2M8O - 17-January-2016 at 11:11AM

TV 2M8O OUT
              JOE
              Moderator Group
              Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2016 at 9:20AM
              looks great joe! BTW here's a ton of unused space inside the front of the fenders! that's where i put my siren speaker, plenty of room on both sides, and is still plenty loud, trust me Confused

JOHN
              74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
              74 VETTE CUSTOM
              90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
              77 CELICA CUSTOM
              75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
              79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
              75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
              70 CHEV C10 P/U
              68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
              TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 3:09AM

Well after getting snowed out last weekend, I made some more progress Saturday!

Covered the frame rails with a Harbor Freight moving pad and trimmed out around the engine frame mounts...

Got the engine set into the car...

the engine side of the AC firewall housing mounted and the headers installed to check for clearance issues.

Happily there's not a problem at the evaporator housing like I was afraid of...

but I think the only spot that's questionable is the clearance at the steering box...

I'm not 100% sure if there's an issue or not... the engine may be tipped back just a bit because the transmission isn't attached and supported by the tailshaft mount. May have to pull the engine back out, hang the transmission and reinstall to confirm if there's a problem or not. FUN, FUN, FUN!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 31-January-2016 at 8:15AM

TV 2M8O OUT
              JOE
              Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 4:02AM
              is your fuel line caught in a pinch between the header & the frame on the driver side?

my old hokker super crocks didn't leave any room for the factory steel line Angry

also check that the collector flanges don't interfere with the crossmember,
              you may want to extend the collectors if they do Wink 

Edited by Rockatansky - 31-January-2016 at 4:05AM
              72 GT Ute

Moderator Group
              Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 5:31AM
              yeah joe, if you're checking fit, you may want to have the tranny and cross member attached at least with a couple of bolts, cause the engine could be tilted slightly.
              JOHN
              74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
              74 VETTE CUSTOM
              90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
              77 CELICA CUSTOM
              75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
              79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
              75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
              70 CHEV C10 P/U
              68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
              TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 7:13AM
              OK guys, I'll manhandle the tranny in from below, mount the crossmember and see what happens!

Max, I'll also have a look at how tight the headers are at the fuel lines. BTW, these are the CRITES 460 headers with factory motor mounts....

THANKS

TV 2M8O OUT
              JOE
              Moderator Group
              Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 7:25AM
              joe, just a random thought... if you need just a tiny amount more of clearance??? fab a spacer plate between the block and the motor mount, i had to do that on my monza to keep the headers off the steering. just something to consider if needed! Lamp
              JOHN
              74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
              74 VETTE CUSTOM
              90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
              77 CELICA CUSTOM
              75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
              79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
              75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
              70 CHEV C10 P/U
              68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
              75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 11:45AM
              Joe, A local friend of mine has the same headers. He's a member of the forum but I don't believe he's posted yet. he's has a big block car... and has not been having a good time with his Crites headers. I'll try to contact him to give some input.
              John 75Gran Torino 4spd
              Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
              Z3545 View Drop Down
              Brand New Member
              Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2016 at 12:28PM
              Hi Joe Johns  friend Butch here GOOD LUCK with those headers my pass side fit well but 2 sets on the driver side till i cut them up and made them fit I used crites motor mounts not the factory ones and i have P51 JOHN KASSEE heads crites says they hade no coplaints about fitment but they hit my crossmember and my steering box both sets 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 41>