The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project TV 2M8O

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 42>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2016 at 2:22AM
Looks fantastic!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2016 at 9:51AM
**CLICK ON PICS TO ENLARGE AND CLICK AGAIN TO SUPERSIZE**

More baby steps Saturday... got the 460 onto the engine stand and mounted the headers to get the collector tabs located...

got the intake off the engine...

and sadly snapped off the water pump nipple of the intake trying to remove it, so I'll have to drill it out and chase the threads when it comes back from being boiled out.

Also located a couple extra Torino parts for some Torinoites in need before calling it a day.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 13-March-2016 at 10:00AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2016 at 6:28AM

Well I feel like I made some real progress yesterday! I got the tabs trimmed and tacked to the collectors so I can get them and the V-band flanges welded on this week...

got the cabin seams sealed...

and the shifter hump screws sealed from below, reformed the "kisses" once they started to set...

located and blasted my transmission hard line to crossmember clip and a few other bits...

pulled the valve covers, inspected the valve train...

covered the lifter valley and set my M/T valve covers in place to see how they looked.

Love when things go as planned!!!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 20-March-2016 at 6:44AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2016 at 6:41AM
Clap nice! this is like a t.v. miniseries... you feel compelled to tune in next week, so you don't miss any new developments Wink keep at 'er joe!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2016 at 6:45AM
Thanks Johnny! Big smile

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2016 at 12:38AM

Joe, I believe it was you that wanted a copy of a 1976 tire pressure decal. This is the one on my 1976 Torino.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2016 at 3:21AM
Thanks Joe, but I need the actual decal so I can get it reproduced. Ouch

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2016 at 4:11AM
Originally posted by TV 2M8O TV 2M8O wrote:

Ebay seller:  vintageautoliterature? He has one for sale currently. I know it is listed as 1973 Torino sticker. looks identical, but sticker itself may have a '73 engineering # on it. I assume you've tried contacting Scott Drake?, Jim Osbourne? That's all I got, sorry buddy
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2016 at 4:21AM
Originally posted by Ranchero Fan Ranchero Fan wrote:

Originally posted by TV 2M8O TV 2M8O wrote:

Ebay seller:  vintageautoliterature? He has one for sale currently. I know it is listed as 1973 Torino sticker. looks identical, but sticker itself may have a '73 engineering # on it. I assume you've tried contacting Scott Drake?, Jim Osbourne? That's all I got, sorry buddy

Brian,

The '73 is different because it lists the 250 and 302, Sport and Fastback models which were not available in '74-'76. Osborne says they need a NOS original to duplicate. I'll check with Scott Drake....

THANKS

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2016 at 8:15AM

Got my welded collector/V-band/reducer assemblies back, dressed them out, marked the tubes for the collector overlap and ready to drop off for powder coating...

trunk area seamed sealed...

passenger side front wheel finished up...

and transmission line clip straightened.

Went thru the hardware, gaskets and fittings for the intake manifold and made a list of what I needed to get ordered so I can get the intake mounted back onto the engine and continue getting the 460 detailed and assembled.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 27-March-2016 at 11:41PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2016 at 10:03AM
Clap gettin' closer all the time joe!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2016 at 11:36AM

Made a bit more progress today..... got the ball joints torqued to the spindles, resprayed the interior cabin, the trunk floor and wheelhouses...

sandblasted my intake manifold...

and dry fit the M/T valve covers. I discovered one of them is hourglass shaped. I think a couple turnbuckles placed inside should be able to spread it back into shape.??

I also started chasing the various threads on the engine as well.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 02-April-2016 at 11:48AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2016 at 2:08PM
lookin good
Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2016 at 4:28PM
looks good joe! those valve covers are cast so be careful they can be cracked! but slow and easy should work just fine Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2016 at 11:41AM

More baby steps Saturday... got the driver side front suspension buttoned up...

and tried out the insulation/sound deadener to the floor.

It is actually residential HVAC duct insulation...

One of the guys on the forum said he used and it actually laid down pretty nicely. Need to stop and get a few more rolls and a roll of the aluminum tape to finish the floor, put inside the doors, the cabin sections of the quarter panels and the roof.

I also removed the gasket remnants from the M/T valve covers in preparation to repairing and having them both powdercoated.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 10-April-2016 at 11:43AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2016 at 12:00PM
coming along nicely joe! Big smile
i put mine on the inner side between the door and door panel(instead of that paper crap) so water can drain out of the door and it seals out moisture, noise, dust, hot/cold air. i also did the same with the quarter panels. the roof and firewall and back seat area. it's quiet inside like a new car! maybe even better Big smile Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2016 at 1:24PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

coming along nicely joe! Big smile
i put mine on the inner side between the door and door panel(instead of that paper crap) so water can drain out of the door and it seals out moisture, noise, dust, hot/cold air. i also did the same with the quarter panels. the roof and firewall and back seat area. it's quiet inside like a new car! maybe even better Big smile Thumbs Up

darn good idea. Clap
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2016 at 2:12PM
I was going to offer you one that I had laying around but failed to consider that someone might run an engine other than a 351C.
LOL
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 6:44AM

Not a very productive Saturday... broke out my old friend the sandblaster and carried 100 lbs of blast media, my hood and a few other things into the blast room to sandblast, filled the hopper with sand, got the first piece into position, drained the water off the air tanks, got all my protective garb on and pulled the trigger..... NOTHING. Fiddled with it for about half an hour before finally giving up and turning my attention to other areas. Angry

Got my fabricated antenna mount and dry fit it to confirm clearances before final welding and trimming....

Looks like it's gonna work out beautifully!

Then I got my 6" rail section out and clamped one side of the hour glass shaped valve cover to determine how much it needed to be pushed back into position....

Looks to be about 1/8"....

I woke about midnight to a revelation as to why the blaster didn't work.... I had turned down the air pressure at the regulator when I was playing with the paint sprayer! Shocked Crazy how your mind works!!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 17-April-2016 at 6:47AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 6:52AM
nice fabrication job joe, looks professional! Clap

on the air pressure thing!

Edited by californiajohnny - 17-April-2016 at 6:56AM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 6:57AM
Thanks John, but wait until you see the end result. All the corners are now radiused and edges smoothed. I'll post a few more shots when I pull it apart for painting.........

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 7:01AM
oh i have no doubt, and the paint will come out like a mirror...all on something that can't be seen! i do it all the time...sometimes i think we can be our own worst enemies LOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2016 at 7:31AM
Embarrassed Thumbs Up

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2016 at 9:26AM

Nothing to show for Saturday but there was some progress.... Got a late start to begin with and not only was the air pressure turned down too low but I also had too course of sand for the siphon pickup. Turned it up and filled the hopper with fine media and away it went! My buddy Jim lent a hand for a bit and cleaned off the gasket surfaces for the valve covers, exhaust manifolds and oil pan. Stopped at Tractor Supply on my way home and picked up another 150 lbs of fine sand so next weekend will be a BLASTFEST!! Wink

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2016 at 1:02PM
"blastfest" like last time? awesome!!LOLLOLLOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2016 at 6:12AM
Well on Friday, I picked up my headers from Kustom Koatings LLC who applied a ceramic coating (titanium color) to them and they really look great!

Saturday was another day of blasting and I also applied a coating of Eastwood Rust Converter to the inside of my wife's little garden cart (like a wheelborrow) in preparation to hitting it with some bedliner. I blasted the outside of the cart and used a Scotch-Brite pad to scuff the paint and rust on the inside of the bed. This is the first time I've actually used the Rust Converter on rust (typically I blast to bare metal) and it seems to be doing the trick. Kinda looks like metal blueing as it transforms the metal & rust... goes from white to purple and continues to get darker and darker until it dries to a flat black color.

Going to try it on some blasted parts for our lawn mower then hit them with some satin polyurethane to see how they look. May do some of my engine fasteners this way rather than painting them.... I'll post results.

Until next time.....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

Edited by TV 2M8O - 01-May-2016 at 6:13AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2016 at 5:27AM
WOW, 14,500 VIEWS... THANKS EVERYONE! Handshake

More blasting on Saturday....

applied a second coat of the Eastwood Rust Converter to the garden cart...

and also want to thank Aldon Hart for stopping by after he got off work to help out a bit by starting to knock down the old paint on the engine to get it ready for new color.

Every little bit helps!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 09-May-2016 at 5:29AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2016 at 10:33AM

Applied a coat of self etching primer to the inside of the cart....

and blasting continued... finished the header panel and blasted the front bumper sight shield...

also the timing cover....

and applied the first layer of bedliner to the cart once the primer dried.

Before calling it a day, I also applied a coat of Eastwood Rust Converter to the transmission crossmember.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 15-May-2016 at 10:40AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2016 at 10:46AM
lot of work going into that cart...are you going to flame it or pinstripe it?Wink is that what you wanted the other slotted mags for?LOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2016 at 10:56AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

lot of work going into that cart...

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE Wink

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 42>