The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front disk break updates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2015 at 9:43AM
Gal-
I totally missed the original post here...see below.

and Tomi!!! Good to see your car done man. Been a while, hope all is well.
I still remember the fun of shipping parts to you...

As far as brakes, Fatman Fabrication for Dropped spindles.

Look up "Pure Vision 1972 Torino" for information
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
H-1 Racer View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H-1 Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2023 at 4:26PM
I too am looking for the larger caliper brackets to fit the 11.79 discs (or whatever size they are, rockauto lists them as such but I see people calling them 11.72 here, when I measure mine with a tape measure it just looks like 11 3/4 to the eyeball but I assume we’re all talking about the same thing here). 

I bought a set of front spindles from a 74 LTD sight unseen from ctcautoranch, and subsequently bought discs & bearings from rockauto. The discs I got do not fit the brackets on the spindles I received…either they gave me the wrong spindles off the shelf or LTD had two front disc brake options…the latter of which is not reflected by what’s available after market (in other words, the discs I bought are the only option out there for the 74 LTD). So I think I got a set of spindles from a similar full size ford, but equipped with 10.72 disc sized caliper brackets. 

Anyone have any leads on where I can find the correct brackets? Thanks regardless
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123