The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will 5 lug with 4.75 spacing fit ford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will 5 lug with 4.75 spacing fit ford
    Posted: 26-October-2003 at 1:38AM

I came across an auction on eBay for a set of 4 slotted dish aluminum wheels. The seller says they are 2 14x7 with 3 3/8 backspacing and 2 14x9 with 3 5/8 backspacing. He says the wheels are five lug with 4.75 bolt circle as measured from the outside of  one lug to the center of the opposite lug. He claims these will fit many five lugs including most pre 1980 fords including Torinos. Is this true. I am not much on wheels. I figure the size 14 is fine and I dont think going to 9 wide on rear is to wide. But what about the bolt pattern. I know there are a lot of universal lug wheels out there but like I said I am not a pro at wheels.

novaderrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote novaderrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2003 at 2:42PM
those wheels are for a GM- Ford uses the 5X4.5" pattern. they MIGHT be uni-lugs, which have slotted holes to fit from 4.5"-5"  5 bolt patterns, but those are a real pain to just get on the car.
1978 LTD II "S" complete with red over white "Starsky and Hutch" factoy paint. 460/C6 where 351W/C4 used to be
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2003 at 9:35PM
Ford used 5 by 4.5" on mid-size (like Torinos, etc), and 5 by 5" on full-sized (LTD's, etc).
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2003 at 2:12AM

Ford also used 5x5 on the midsized Police/Taxi cars with the big brakes....

Post Reply Post Reply