The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Junkyard Photo Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2016 at 12:44AM
These auctions are not always for totaled cars.  There's no telling how this thing ended up there.  Website says the car starts.  If it weren't all the way in Chicago, I'd probably throw a bid at it.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
jhggtsf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhggtsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2016 at 7:56AM
Originally posted by n2fordwagons n2fordwagons wrote:

These auctions are not always for totaled cars.  There's no telling how this thing ended up there.  Website says the car starts.  If it weren't all the way in Chicago, I'd probably throw a bid at it.

Hey Jeff,

Have you done that before?

The IAAI website has this auction closed to the public, is there a service to bid for you?

Edited by jhggtsf - 14-July-2016 at 3:15PM
Joe
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2016 at 1:05PM
Hey! I am in Chicago.:) These cars sometimes end up in estates and the family has no interest so they junk it.  
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2016 at 2:04PM
Originally posted by jhggtsf jhggtsf wrote:

Hey Jeff,

Have done that before?

The IAAI website has this auction closed to the public, is there a service to bid for you?
Hi Joe,

Yes, I've bid on a car, and won it from the IAAI website.  It was all the way in the opposite corner of the country, in Washington state.  I'm in Georgia.  Here's a link with some details.

The state where the auction is being held determines if the public is allowed to bid on it.  It's a state law thing.  Somewhere on the IAAI website, it tells you which states allow the public to bid.  If the public is not allowed to bid, then yes, you can get a service to bid for you.  Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with that process.  And obviously it costs extra, on top of IAAI's (or whatever auction house's) fees.  So sometimes it's not worth it, depending on the car.
Good luck!

Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
jhggtsf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhggtsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2016 at 3:24PM

Hey Jeff,

Have done that before?

Hi Joe,

Yes, I've bid on a car, and won it from the IAAI website.  It was all the way in the opposite corner of the country, in Washington state.  I'm in Georgia.  Here's a link with some details.

The state where the auction is being held determines if the public is allowed to bid on it.  It's a state law thing.  Somewhere on the IAAI website, it tells you which states allow the public to bid.  If the public is not allowed to bid, then yes, you can get a service to bid for you.  Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with that process.  And obviously it costs extra, on top of IAAI's (or whatever auction house's) fees.  So sometimes it's not worth it, depending on the car.
Good luck!

That's cool! Did you end up swapping out the interior into your T-Bird?

I've thought about getting one of the 77-79's; they seem to be cheaper and still pretty common but my wife doesn't like them at all so I've been looking for cars we agree on.

Incidentally, it looks like this could be the same car: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5669813818.html ?
Joe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2016 at 1:14AM
Not yet.  I got as far as pulling the bucket seats out of the Cougar.  Shoulder surgery last year.  The projects around my house are killing me.  New laminate floors, interior paint, etc.  Plus, I have to store the cars at my Dad's, about 30 minutes away, so it's not like I can just break away and work on it when I have a few free minutes. 

Yeah, there are definitely deals to be found on 77-79s.  But, like you said, they're not the prettiest to look at, for some.  Not sure if it was mentioned in the linked thread, but I'll be swapping a '72 Montego front clip onto the '79 Tbird.  Here's a link on my project.

Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2016 at 1:16AM

Incidentally, it looks like this could be the same car: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5669813818.html ?

Definitely looks like the same car.  And it has a sunroof to boot.  Didn't notice that on the auction site.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2016 at 5:04PM
ok guys, here's a short video i shot on labor day up at that yard i've been getting parts from (this only shows about half of his place!

https://youtu.be/UQgrT0D8m3k
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2016 at 8:53AM
All part of a (parts only, no whole cars) sale in Ames, Iowa that is going on from November 5th through November 20th. Then I presume that all 1000+ cars will be scrapped. Lots of people wanting whole cars when they'll probably just break in half if you try to pull them out...
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2016 at 9:04AM
Salvage 1978 Ranchero GT - Fort Wayne, IN - 8H48F112391 - Current bid: $0
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2016 at 9:07AM
Salvage 1977 Thunderbird - Minneapolis, MN - 7G87S267606 - Current bid: $100

Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
jhggtsf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhggtsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2016 at 2:43PM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

All part of a (parts only, no whole cars) sale in Ames, Iowa that is going on from November 5th through November 20th. Then I presume that all 1000+ cars will be scrapped. Lots of people wanting whole cars when they'll probably just break in half if you try to pull them out...

Here are the details if anyone is interested in going:

Joe
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2016 at 6:51PM
Wow, i had to take a second look at that chevy pick up in that pic above, i thought it was my 51 that i sold (for almost nothing )
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2016 at 6:26AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Wow, i had to take a second look at that chevy pick up in that pic above, i thought it was my 51 that i sold (for almost nothing )

We have a 1953 Suburban that we bought for nothing/zero dollars. Put a Buick 3.8 V6 in it. 
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2016 at 8:26AM

Grabbed some parts today.

that 72 sport hood, is that still available and who can i contact to ask about it?

Edited by gnrlee01 - 03-November-2016 at 8:29AM
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2016 at 8:33AM
Originally posted by gnrlee01 gnrlee01 wrote:

that 72 sport hood, is that still available and who can i contact to ask about it?

I'll be grabbing that for a 73-76 hood graft. Joe has plenty of 'em.

Edited by GTW - 03-November-2016 at 8:33AM
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2016 at 8:47AM

Originally posted by gnrlee01 gnrlee01 wrote:

I'll be grabbing that for a 73-76 hood graft. Joe has plenty of 'em.

thats what i need for the same reason...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2016 at 12:51AM

Grabbed some parts today. 

I'm digging that Pinto wagon in the background.  Just noticed that.  Wish I had the space for more cars.  That's one I'd like to add to the stable.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2016 at 2:40AM
Pinto wagon + 302/C4 set from a Mustang II = fun little wagon! I had a 73 pinto wagon yeas ago that we did that too. Fun little ride.
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2016 at 8:20AM
Ya have one in the garage. hope to work on it this winter.
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2016 at 10:11AM

I'm digging that Pinto wagon in the background.  Just noticed that.  Wish I had the space for more cars.  That's one I'd like to add to the stable.

No whole vehicles are sold.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2016 at 10:49AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2016 at 12:17PM

No whole vehicles are sold.

Yeah, didn't necessarily mean that one in particular.  Just meant a Pinto wagon.  Preferably a Pinto Cruising Wagon with the port hole.  And yes, a 302 / C4, or SBF conversion of some type. 

Bob, get busy.  I'd like to see how yours turns out!
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
mach1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mach1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2016 at 1:29PM

Fresh at the local yard PM with what you need and I'll see if its good or has it and a price.

Edited by mach1000 - 07-December-2016 at 1:34PM
Mach1000
mach1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mach1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2016 at 1:35PM
Not sure why they wont rotate the correct way imported. Sorry
Mach1000
mach1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mach1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2016 at 1:26PM

More pics. Has some old school 80s rims on it! Thought someone might like those.
Mach1000
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2016 at 1:59PM
Believe it or not those are/were leather seats(should be power driver's seat), the dash may be leather trimmed and the doors may have power and possibly tilt wheel. Looking at the pics, they show that the wheel well mouldings are used up. Looks way too cold to pull parts, bbbrrrrrr.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
mach1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mach1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2016 at 12:20AM
Balmy 20 while I was out yesterday. But that was warm compared to the 2 degrees we woke up to...
Yeah leather seats were shot as you can see. The dash was trimmed in leather but also shot. It did have power drivers seat, tilt, AC and power windows... it was the Ranchero 500!

Is the rear sway bar on this the same diameter as the 77-79 T bird?
Mach1000
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2016 at 9:26AM
Should be...

"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
newmexguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-December-2016 at 5:07AM
73 Montego. Located in southern NM yard. No engine/trans or hood. One mile from my house near las Cruces. Yes this car can be bought whole as it sits.   Green, non vinyl top, rear window channel is good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>