The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear swaybar bushes and bump stops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max_torq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear swaybar bushes and bump stops
    Posted: 13-May-2013 at 7:10PM
Hi,

I am having trouble finding a source for some parts for my '79 thunderbird rebuild.

Swaybar bushes. This is for a factory rear sway bar, after the bushes on the axle, as well as the ones where the links attach to the frame.

Also after the bump stops for the rear axle. Not sure what you call these? The Diff snout snubber? and the bump rubbers that sit in the wheel arches of the frame.

Here is a picture of the suspension, just before I take it apart.

tbird rear
1979 Thunderbird Heritage
max_torq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max_torq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2013 at 7:15PM
Also, would anyone know where I could find a replacement 27 gallon fuel tank. Is this the same as the 26 gallon tank listed for the ranchero? I see there is the standard 22 gallon tank, but the Heritage gets the bigger tank.
1979 Thunderbird Heritage
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2013 at 1:03AM
The gas tank was an opt. for all 79 midsize fords.suspension restoration parts co out of cal I believe has bushings they are the same as a 76 elets,(sp)I might have them as I ordered all bushings and found my 79 does not have rear swaybar
 Post Reply Post Reply