The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seats and Seatbelts 1970 Torino GT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seats and Seatbelts 1970 Torino GT
    Posted: 03-August-2013 at 4:16PM
My 70 Torino GT has non-stock seats in it, likely mid-80s power seats with lumbar, etc. that are not on the original brackets from what I can tell. 

I'm 6'5" and need plenty of legroom and headroom so I have these back all the way and dipped back a bit. Any advice on replacement seats that will look someone stock and be able to give a lot of legroom and angle back? 

Do the 70 stock seats adjust a lot for the seat back angle, etc.? I was looking at the ProCar 90's at Dearborn Classics but between their site and the manufacturer site it was not very specific about how adjustable they were.  

Croaker
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2013 at 2:36AM
I dont think the stock split bench seat backs adjusted , only tiped forward to get into rear . the only adjustment would be forward and back on the tracks . As for having tracks , we should have sum around as the seats were on them when took out of car and we dont throw anything away unless its real bad junk !
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2013 at 3:13AM
I used the procar seats and mounted the stock tracks to them. When I did this I mounted them in a position on the tracks that when the seat was all the way back it was practicality hitting the back seat. What a difference. Its like sitting on a lounge chair. It was easy to do .Just bought some 1in flat stock mounted it to the seats then drilled some holes in that and mounted the tracks to that. Just a suggestion. Rick
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2013 at 3:33AM
That is a great idea, Rick.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
 Post Reply Post Reply