The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

71 Torino GT - Need Front Bench and Belts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Torino GT - Need Front Bench and Belts
    Posted: 23-September-2013 at 2:44AM
My 71 GT has aftermarket bucket seats that I want to replace. The Marti Report indicated my car originally came with a front bench in black knit vinyl. I've been searching high and low on eBay, Craigslist and other forums. 

Anyone know of an equivalent sized bench that would look close and fit maybe from a different year or model? I have to redo the support brackets under the car anyway so I'm open to any suggestions of anything else that would fit and may be easier to find. Also in need of seat belts as well. 

Thanks.
Mark S. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2013 at 5:03AM
If you want to take a journey, Friendship Auto Parts in Tabernacle NJ has a few of those cars. Beware; the place is overgrown and muddy. On the otherhand, he has hundreds of 60's cars, pretty much unpicked. Just rusting away in the New Jersey humidity.
Mark
1977 Ltd II "Eltee"
1984 Mustang ragtop
2004 Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition
71 Torino GT 429CJ (sold too many years ago to count...)
croakernorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2013 at 3:41PM
Thanks for the tip Mark. I did call him the other day he said he'd take a look at what's left in the couple of Torino's he has and get back to me (since it's a 2.5 hour drive compared to just stopping by).  I also found a guy in NJ that has a 68 he is parting out but I'm not sure if the front bench on a 68 will fit properly in a 71 GT lengthwise or if the gap over the hump in the floor will be the same.
PortraitPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PortraitPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2013 at 12:11PM
I have the bench seat out of my '71 GT.  It was dark Ivy and has been spray dyed black.  I would recommend recovering them.  Bench seat is 100% complete, including the ashtray.  I'm located in Stafford, VA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2013 at 4:42AM
Thanks PortraitPro. Do you have any pictures? I'm in Easton PA about 4.5 hours drive.  Mine had the front bench originally but the ashtray is in the dash in mine. 
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2013 at 5:49AM
I  think i have several bench seats , We are near Rohester NY . If interested i can get pic .  You can talk to KVERSCH also he is my son and does more on line then me .
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2013 at 6:10AM
Sounds great thanks Jerry! Yes any pics would be welcome. I'm looking to find a front bench asap and also looking for the kickdown linkage for my column gear selector to replace the B&M and put the original back for the seat to go in. Do you have the under car bracket/supports as well? I'm near Easton PA so Rochester isn't too bad of a drive. 
PortraitPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PortraitPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2013 at 9:43AM
Here are the pics.  Keep in mind they are spray dyed black and some areas on the driver's side have started to rub off so the green shows through a little.  Also these are the original seat covers so the bottom corners do have some slight tears.

kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2013 at 1:46PM
here is what we have.   they are out of a 73 gts.   in very good shape.   I have the front and rear if interested.   They are dirty but will clean up with soap and water.  We are located near Rochester NY.

-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2013 at 3:30PM
Thanks Kevin.  Do you have the brackets for mounting as well? Do you have any seat belts?  

I'm in the Allentown PA area so about 4 hours south of you.  
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2013 at 1:38PM
I will have to check and see if we have the mounting brackets for the seats and if we have any extra sets of seat belts.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
oleycoach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oleycoach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2013 at 9:17PM
If croackernorge did not purchase your front bench seat, I may.  I'm around a 4 hour drive from you and would pick it up.  What would you like for it?  I'm in a complete restore on a 1971 Torino 500, do you have any other parts for sale?
 Post Reply Post Reply