The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'68 Torino Equalizer bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nakpak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '68 Torino Equalizer bar
    Posted: 06-February-2014 at 3:23AM
So I bought my '68 Torino GT fastback in August, it has a 3 speed manual transmission and the original 302. I have had nothing but problems with my clutch equalizer bar. The motor mounts were bad, and the movement of the motor bent my equalizer bar. I have been unable to locate another clutch equalizer bar (Z Bar) on the internet, and the only reproduction bars made are for factory FE blocks. Would one of those work? After cutting and welding, attempting to bend, amongst other things, the equalizer bar I have works for now. But it creaks horribly, and is rubbing against my header. Does anybody know where I can find a replacement for an affordable price?
18 years old and looking for advice. Few people know these old cars anymore, I'll take any advice I can get.
68hardtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68hardtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2014 at 8:47PM
Hey I dont have an imediate answer but if you post that
question on the torinocobra.com you will get plenty of help
best of luck,bro
 Post Reply Post Reply