The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

71 Ranchero bumper jack fits ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Ranchero bumper jack fits ?
    Posted: 15-February-2014 at 5:12AM
Can anyone tell me is a 1971 Ranchero bumper jack is the same as a car, and or wagon?
Also is the 1970 the same?

Thanks, David
David
210eddiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210eddiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2014 at 5:33AM
I know that 70 and 71 are the same. I'm pretty sure cars are the same cause the front bumpers are the same.
Eddie
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2014 at 6:23AM
if you're planning to actually USE the finger tab bumper jack, you may want to think again?

many bumpers get tweaked from so much force concentrated in a small area. if the bumper has been removed & re-installed from factory there's more of a chance that the brackets are not in the best position to take the weight, then the outer skin takes it
72 GT Ute

210eddiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210eddiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2014 at 6:37AM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

if you're planning to actually USE the finger tab bumper jack, you may want to think again?

many bumpers get tweaked from so much force concentrated in a small area. if the bumper has been removed & re-installed from factory there's more of a chance that the brackets are not in the best position to take the weight, then the outer skin takes it

Hadn't thought about that but you're probably right. My bumper jack stays in the shed. I keep a small floor jack behind the seat
Eddie
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2014 at 6:50AM
look at bumper jack car bumpers & you'll see it
72 GT Ute

David F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2014 at 7:19AM
Thanks guys, I wasn't going to use it, it is for restoration purpose. I believe it should havea "J" type jack. Like this.

David

Edited by David F. - 16-February-2014 at 7:20AM
David
210eddiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210eddiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2014 at 12:38AM
That's it. It should have front stamped on the bottom pin and rear on the top pin. Good luck on your restoration
Would like to see pics!
Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply